PDA

View Full Version : New to shorthanded play

Derek in NYC
02-24-2005, 03:18 AM
This hand gave me trouble. Should I have reraised to define the hand, or was the fold the right move? With no draws on the board, and callers from the blinds, and the fact that they were betting/raising into the preflop raiser, I thought it was an easy fold. (It turned out I folded a winner, however). No particular reads on either player, other than they are typically aggressive SH types, calling every raise from the blinds, and generally being unafraid to jam the pot with any pair.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Nate tha' Great
02-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Seems prudent. Sometimes the SB will have ace high and the BB will have 88 but it's too expensive to call all of these down.

MrBig30
02-24-2005, 03:36 AM
Well... seems likely you are beaten on the flop by one or both of the blinds. The pot is not too big and you probably have only 2 outs. Itīs a clear fold to me.