PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up final mid pair GK

Bill Smith
02-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Live NL Hold 'em tourney, final table, heads up.

Hero is SB with t510000
Villian is BB with t840000

I've never played with Villian before, but there is mutual respect as the battles have been epic... epic to the point that the blinds have sadistically risen to t40000/t80000. (it was a quick schedule to begin with, but this was one of the longest final tables they've had in a while)

I find Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and call. Villian checks.

Flop (t160k): A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian bets out 80k. Assume he will do this with any pair or strong draw, as I have had no indications to the contrary. Hero has 430k left. Game plan?

J_V
02-24-2005, 02:59 AM
Push. I don't think it's that close. You are very very likely ahead.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 03:02 AM
its either fold or push. raising makes u commited and calling seems like an awful decision here

Shilly
02-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Push--he's probably not leading out here with a pair of aces.

Nice avatar--do you go to UW?

Bill Smith
02-24-2005, 06:04 AM
I agree with all posters. Despite being primarily a limit player, I've made a few final NL tourney tables. However, this was the first time I found myself in a brawl, and I'm chalking this one up to experience. I raised 180k (I was hoping to represent I wanted a call, I guess) got called, and allowed his 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif to catch a turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the straight. He checked, I checked, river 6, all-in called, game over.

Follow-up question: Check-raise good, or lead the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice avatar--do you go to UW?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just graduated in December. Happy to get together for home games, hand discussions, candlelight dinners, etc...