i think its highly underrated. its a f'in hilarious movie
and christina applegate is hot

shant
02-24-2005, 02:57 AM
I loved it.

"Well, when in Rome..."

PoBoy321
02-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Oh, it's a hilarious movie, but I don't know if I'd call it underrated just because everyone I know thinks it's hilarious.

"Hi, I'm Ron Burgundy. You might have heard of me, I'm kind of a big deal around here."

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"Well, when in Rome..."

[/ QUOTE ]

yes?? you were saying...

KungFuSandwich
02-24-2005, 02:59 AM
It depends on the person, alot of people quote it, but quote the least funny parts. I hate people who say stay classy or something, but lines like Im gonna punch you in your ovary or It smells like bigfoot's dick are simpy amazing.

istewart
Very funny BUT HIGHLY OVERRATED. There are people that think he is a comedic God. He's awesome, but despite some hilarious subtleties of Anchorman, I don't think it lives up to the hype.

DemonDeac
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, it's a hilarious movie, but I don't know if I'd call it underrated just because everyone I know thinks it's hilarious.

"Hi, I'm Ron Burgundy. You might have heard of me, I'm kind of a big deal around here."

[/ QUOTE ]

i say its underrated because it doesn't get talked about that much, IMO. also, many people dont find it funny, those jerkoffs

istewart
02-24-2005, 03:00 AM
I guess it really depends on who you know. Everyone I know loves it.

slickpoppa
02-24-2005, 03:04 AM
i didnt like it, and i usually love will farell

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 03:05 AM
Subpar Farrell effort.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Subpar Farrell effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

u think so? i thought he did really well

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I mostly meant the movie was subpar for a movie with him in it, but I wasn't blown over by him either now that I think about it.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I mostly meant the movie was subpar for a movie with him in it, but I wasn't blown over by him either now that I think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i cant think of one movie with will ferrell that was bad, come to think of it.

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Nah, Anchorman was merely OK. Elf and Old School were classics. Big difference.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
no way ELF is better than anchorman. elf was good and had its moments, but its not something ill suggest to watch for some consistent laughs like anchorman

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Elf is an instant holiday classic. No doubt about it. Part of its greatness is that it's much more than just a silly slapstick. Really a top notch movie, one that will be around for decades. In 40 years no one will remember anchorman. They'll be watching Elf.

BusterStacks
02-24-2005, 04:06 AM
Anchorman was some of the funniest stuff I have seen in the past year.

nothumb
02-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Anchorman was good. It had me kind of dragging in parts but also had some absolutely great bits. I appreciate that movie, and WF in general, because the humor is character-driven and situational instead of just gags and dick jokes. So I give him leeway too.

But I enjoyed it a lot, also, regardless of my comedic preferences.

NT

peachy
02-24-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very funny BUT HIGHLY OVERRATED. There are people that think he is a comedic God. He's awesome, but despite some hilarious subtleties of Anchorman, I don't think it lives up to the hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conan O'brien makes me laugh more than Will Ferrell

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Conan O'brien makes me laugh more than Will Ferrell

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone knows girls dont have a sense of humor.

conan is good tho

wonderwes
02-24-2005, 04:55 AM
I like Ferrell and it was fun to watch him go all crazy in Anchorman. Plus the outtakes are great.

peachy
02-24-2005, 04:56 AM
conan's humor makes him a HOT man who i'd otherwise find not so attractive, he freakin cracks me up!! Id marry him in 2 seconds flat, lol i die laughin just thinking about him flipping that head of hair and hissing like a cat!!!

Phoenix1010
02-24-2005, 04:56 AM
This movie is comic genius. There are some great one-liners, and you've got to love how much WH immerses himself in the character. He's got a great overdone delivery. Second only to Zoolander in the random funny crazy character department. I'll admit I was underwhelmed the first time I saw it. See it drunk and you'll like it more.

"1001, 1002, 1003. Ohh, it's a deep burn! It's so deep! Oh, I can barely lift my right arm because I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting, but I did over a thousand. "

"Sweet Lincoln's mullet!"

"You're watching Channel 4 News with five-time emmy award-winning anchor Ron Burgundy and Tits McGee.
Good Evening, San Diego. I'm Veronica Corningstone. Tits McGee is on vacation.
And I'm Tits- I'm Ron Burgundy "

jakethebake
02-24-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Subpar Farrell effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Modestly funny. Had its moments, but subpar. I don't know if I'd say overrated since most of the reviews I've seen said it sucked.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-24-2005, 02:58 PM
I love Will Ferrell, but I was highly disappointed in Anchorman. I think the guy's brilliant, but a full feature-length movie centering around him is just too much. Well... I'll give an exception to Old School - that movie was hilarious. So... if I give a blanket statement covering an actor's work, then exempt one of the two movies that qualify under the statement... what does that mean excactly? Let's just leave it at I was disapointed by Anchorman.

Freakin
02-24-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Subpar Farrell effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Modestly funny. Had its moments, but subpar. I don't know if I'd say overrated since most of the reviews I've seen said it sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. After falling asleep in the first 20 minutes twice, I managed to stay awake through it. I barely laughed at the parts that are supposedly comedy gold. It's probably the least funny I've ever seen Will Farrell act. THe only funny part of hte movie IMO was "I'm Ron Burgandy?"... other than that, the whole movie wasn't worth the $5 rental.

Freakin

Emmitt2222
02-24-2005, 05:07 PM
I was hearing a lot of bad things about it so when I saw it I thought it was pretty funny. Not as funny as some other classics but it definitly had its moments. I also thought Steve Carell really brought alot to that movie with his random one liners thrown in there and when he kills the guy with the trident. Now THAT was good stuff.
"LOUD NOISES"
"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!"
"I love... lamp"