PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 4-8 hand

kidcolin
02-24-2005, 02:37 AM
I don't know if I really botched this, or if I made the right preflop fold. This game was super loose passive. It was pretty easy to safely limp preflop and raises weren't the norm on each hand.

I'm in the BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1, a semi-decent player who mixes it a bit, raises.

Folds to an MP player who 3 bets, and another guy cold calls.

Given the passivity of the table so far, I decide I'm likely up against a big pair and probably AK too, so I fold. If it were suited, I'd have played it for its multiway value.

Of course, I get super bummed when the flop is Q high all spades and the turn brings a spade. The UTG+1 folded, and I'm pretty sure he did have AK. The other two hands were JJ and TT, the TT had a spade and took it down.

Was my preflop fold way too weak, or am I just letting hindsight get the best of me?

TripleH68
02-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Given your description of the table I think your play is fine.

IsaacW
02-24-2005, 02:53 AM
UTG+1 could have had any decent raising hand, but your bigger worry is the MP player. Most Foxwoods small-stakes players (unknowns) don't like to 3bet preflop without a very strong hand. You are likely dominated and would have to play the rest of the hand out of position.

Good fold.

shant
02-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Based on your reads of the table, it was a good fold. Don't be results oriented. If the flop had been A-high rainbow and you lost to AK you'd have wished you made a different move.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 03:15 AM
nah, its the right fold
thats the breaks, my friend

kidcolin
02-24-2005, 03:26 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I guess I just wanted some friendly reassurance. It just so happened that they all had exactly the cards that I'd do OK against with AQ and the flop hit me perfectly.