PDA

View Full Version : Linda Cohn

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Does she irritate the hell out of anyone else? Her voice is irritating, she's incredibly pompous, and those full body shot features are simply wierd. I dunno, she's just not my cup of tea and now that she's like their lead anchor it's really starting to bother me for some reason.

ClaytonN
02-24-2005, 02:23 AM
She's the only female anchor on ESPN I can take seriously.

Popinjay
02-24-2005, 02:24 AM
milf

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
milf

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
milf

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

id do her in da butt

Eurotrash
02-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Not that it matters now, but apparently she played hockey back in her hey... I suppose that's why she takes the hockey highlights overly seriously.

Also, uses the term "sniper" too much to describe hockey players - this particularly bugs me.

offTopic
02-24-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does she irritate the hell out of anyone else? Her voice is irritating, she's incredibly pompous, and those full body shot features are simply wierd. I dunno, she's just not my cup of tea and now that she's like their lead anchor it's really starting to bother me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain...I see those female anchors advertising their network affiliation by wearing those pantsuits and I just want to kick their ass.

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Her inane "for the love of elevation" phrase has got to go.

JTG51
02-24-2005, 02:32 AM
75% of Sportscenter irritates the hell out of me now. It reminds me more and more of MTV every day, and that's not a good thing.

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 02:34 AM
I agree. I do like their specialty highlight shows though. NBA Tonight, Baseball Tonight, College Hoops Tonight, etc. All pretty high quality shows.

Eurotrash
02-24-2005, 02:36 AM
agree.

all this time I thought I was one of the few that Linda Cohn really bothered.

I can barely watch SC any more. It's just bad

istewart
02-24-2005, 02:37 AM
Baseball Tonight is so addicting. Especially listening to one-testicled John Kruk babble on incessantly /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Linda Cohn is awful though, but it's been pretty bad overall since Eisen and Patrick were the main guys. Stuart Scott is flat-out GAY.

pokerOpus
02-24-2005, 02:38 AM
she is a sick golfer. shes pretty small but a can rip a drive down the middle.

Eurotrash
02-24-2005, 02:40 AM
It's a shame they don't have Kenny Mayne do anything.. I thought his stuff was great.

is Kenny Mayne even with ESPN still?

istewart
02-24-2005, 02:41 AM
I thought Mayne did baseball, no? With Reynolds?

GAMMONS IS GOD.

Popinjay
02-24-2005, 02:41 AM
I really like the Linda Cohn + John Anderson SC's.

Eurotrash
02-24-2005, 02:43 AM
I think I can only make it through those because of Anderson..

The Van Pelt/Anderson tandem is really the optimal Sportscenter that ESPN can produce right now.

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a shame they don't have Kenny Mayne do anything.. I thought his stuff was great.

is Kenny Mayne even with ESPN still?

[/ QUOTE ]

He does a lot of really terrible work on their horse racing programming. He clearly likes the sport and requests the assignments, but he is horrifically bad on them due to a total lack of knowledge about the sport.

istewart
02-24-2005, 02:44 AM
If there's anyone I hate it's that ESPN lawyer (Roger Koschack or something?) that was on EVERYDAY during the Kobe case. I wanted to unload on him.

The Ocho
02-24-2005, 03:12 AM
she is worthless. one of the reasons I stopped watching sc long ago.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she is worthless. one of the reasons I stopped watching sc long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

?!?!?!?!?

istewart
02-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Is it possible not to watch SC?

7ontheline
02-24-2005, 05:53 AM
I dunno, she doesn't bother me. Actually, have you ever heard her natural voice? She has a pretty thick NY accent, which I find somewhat appealing for some unknown reason. Maybe it's because I'm thinking about Marisa Tomei from "My Cousin Vinny." I thought she was pretty hot there back in the day.

sthief09
02-24-2005, 08:47 AM
my friend worked at ESPN last summer and said she's a huge bitch

sthief09
02-24-2005, 08:49 AM
do you post about poker ever anymore or is that a thing of the past?

Victor
02-24-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
those full body shot features are simply wierd

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend of a friend who works for espn. He said that she started working out and got in shape a few years ago and since then it has been in her contract that they must show her full body at least once a show.

Roy Munson
02-24-2005, 08:59 AM
If you think that her voice is irritating on Sportscenter. You should hear it when she substitutes for Dan Patrick on his radio show. The New York accent is turned up about 5 levels.

Emmitt2222
02-24-2005, 09:05 AM
She's no Dan Patrick or anything, but I always at least had more respect for her than almost any other female sportscaster because she actually knows what she is talking about and doesnt come off as ditsy. I say props to her for at least being able to stand in the field with some dignity unlike those make-me-throwup-in-my-mouth-alittle-each-time-I-see-them sideline commentatory ladies for the main NFL networks. Those full body shots are kinda creepy though and I could see her being kinda bitchy in real life.

B00T
02-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Van Pelt is the best they have right now. I really like him as well.

Shajen
02-24-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Van Pelt is the best they have right now. I really like him as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a team of VP and Dan Patrick would probably be the best they could put together right now.

02-24-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's her as much as the whole "Sportscenter Attitude" that most of the folks behind the desk seem to be required to bring to the table. If they could lose the consistent smarmy forced attempts to be clever, young, hip, street, blah blah blah, all at the same time and just be natural and tell me the sports, the show would be so much more watchable.

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
those full body shot features are simply wierd

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend of a friend who works for espn. He said that she started working out and got in shape a few years ago and since then it has been in her contract that they must show her full body at least once a show.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is outstanding. That's EXACTLY the type of thing an anchor would ask for in their contract. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I find her pretty annoying. My wife on the other hand, will put up with SC in the morning unless "that woman" is on. She finds her voice incredibly annoying.

Scott Van Pelt doesn't even get to show a small amount of how funny he is while on SC. He's about 10 times funnier in person.

The Ocho
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible not to watch SC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cannot stomach the crappy anchors they have these days. Remember way back when the anchors were funny and engaging?

I can get my sports info and highlights through other avenues.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-24-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's her as much as the whole "Sportscenter Attitude" that most of the folks behind the desk seem to be required to bring to the table. If they could lose the consistent smarmy forced attempts to be clever, young, hip, street, blah blah blah, all at the same time and just be natural and tell me the sports, the show would be so much more watchable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

I watch one hour of ESPN per day and that's ATH and PTI. SportsCenter has really gone down the shitter. Any other regular show is not worth watching any more (with the exception of Baseball Tonight).

Shajen
02-24-2005, 12:30 PM
[quotewith the exception of Baseball Tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baseball Tonight pwns ESPN. Other than the live actual sports ESPN shows, I wouldn't watch it except for BBT.

Sports Center has turned into a commercial with some ads thrown in. Oh, and the occasional highlight too. It blows.

Boris
02-24-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any other regular show is not worth watching any more

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you forgot Tilt.

Linda Cohn doesn't bother me. They need to bring back Kenny Mayne.

andyfox
02-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Get a life.

jar
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
I haven't watched sportscenter regularly since the 2am/morning rotation was patrick, eisen, mayne, and scott.

wh1t3bread
02-24-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stuart Scott is flat-out GAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does Stuart Scott have a pair of lazy eyes? Everytime I see him on SC I don't listen to what he says I just stare at his eyes and get a little freaked out.

heavybody
02-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I can't believe I read 38 posts in this topic and not one of them alluded to the fact that there are no pictures. I thought whenever a woman was the topic of discussion pics were mandatory. Somebody dropped the ball on this one. jeez

heavily bodied

Sponger15SB
02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does Stuart Scott have a pair of lazy eyes? Everytime I see him on SC I don't listen to what he says I just stare at his eyes and get a little freaked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the exact same thing.

It is quite frightening.

PhatTBoll
02-24-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought whenever a woman was the topic of discussion pics were mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think since the Condi Rice thread there was an implicit agreement that discretion would be used when applying this rule.

IronDragon1
02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's the result of him getting whacked in that eye with a football while doing something at Jets camp a couple seasons ago.

Eurotrash
02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They need to bring back Kenny Mayne.

[/ QUOTE ]

my sentiments exactly. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jakethebake
02-24-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
milf

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh

[/ QUOTE ]
id do her in da butt

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif

BeerMoney
02-24-2005, 03:06 PM
She's a rancid whore. Sportscenter needs to lay off trying to be funny for a while, because they really aren't funny.

B00T
02-24-2005, 03:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/media/fantasy/2003/0908/photo/lindacohn_i.jpg

scrub
02-24-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a knockoff Susan Waldman.

scrub

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's the result of him getting whacked in that eye with a football while doing something at Jets camp a couple seasons ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not correct. He was a sports anchor in Orlando apparently, and used to have an even WORSE lazy eye back then before he made it to Sportscenter. This was according to people I worked with at The Golf Channel one summer, in Orlando. And that was back in 1997.

morgan180
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Her voice is irritating, she's incredibly pompous, and those full body shot features are simply wierd.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh - the simply weird is classic.

meep_42
02-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I can't believe in all the references to 'back in the day,' no one mentioned the best tandem in SC history, Patrick/Olbermann -- and it's not even close.

Kenny Mayne and Stu Scott are annoying, and always have been.
I can't remember the last time I watched a whole SportsCenter (not including melee day in the NBA)

-d

heavybody
02-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Ah, I see thx.

heavily bodied

Emmitt2222
02-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Patrick/Olbermann. They were so incredibly amazing and really they made that show. When Olbermann left to do stupid stuff on other channels it was one of the saddest days at ESPN. The only thing I could see being worse is Chris Berman leaving and then ESPN would cease to be.

IronDragon1
02-24-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not correct. He was a sports anchor in Orlando apparently, and used to have an even WORSE lazy eye back then before he made it to Sportscenter. This was according to people I worked with at The Golf Channel one summer, in Orlando. And that was back in 1997.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see.

However, I do believe he was hit in the eye with a football at Jets camp.

JTG51
02-24-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you post about poker ever anymore or is that a thing of the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know. I haven't even read the poker forums in the last couple of months. I don't really feel like I've had much to add lately. Maybe I'll start again.

JTG51
02-24-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

God, Waldman is so terrible. She has to be banging George Steinbrenner. That's the only explanation of how she has a job.

I actually liked her when she was the Yankees beat reporter on WFAN. She's horrible doing games on YES though.

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that probably didn't help the matters. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wayabvpar
02-24-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that probably didn't help the matters. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This one time, at Jets camp...

Michael Davis
02-24-2005, 08:41 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the fact that she has six toes on one of her feet.

-Michael

Shajen
02-24-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the fact that she has six toes on one of her feet.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been added to the favorite poster's list.

Congrats...I think. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

scrub
02-25-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

God, Waldman is so terrible. She has to be banging George Steinbrenner. That's the only explanation of how she has a job.

I actually liked her when she was the Yankees beat reporter on WFAN. She's horrible doing games on YES though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't watch much YES except for Mike and the Mad Dog, but I always got a kick out of her when she was on WFAN.

scrub