PDA

View Full Version : Can't pair up

cyorg
02-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Lately I can't seem to pair up on the board. Yesterday I saw about 15 flops before I ever made a pair. I'ts been like this for the past few days, where I'll have AK and some jerk playing a 23o will hit trips. I don't know how much more I can take. I need encouragement. Please help me feel better about my play. I need a virtual teddy bear.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 02:47 AM
why is someone with 23o in the same hand as u holding AK. didnt u raise the pot?

i got ur teddy bear /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PSUinDC
02-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I agree... you should be raising 3-5x the BB preflop to flush out any idiots that hold 23o. If some guy calls your bet of 3-5x the BB and HAS 23o, and manages to hit trips... just chalk that one up to a bad beat, its people like him that make us big money winners in the long run.

hagel666
02-24-2005, 02:08 PM
When did he say he played pot limit or no limit? Pretty hard to raise like that in limit... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Then of course he should raise too if he plays limit, but most of those players who play anything will call an extra bet if he has already called a bet.

/Hagel.

PSUinDC
02-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Even if he was playing limit, he should have raised. And if a player is cold calling a 2-bet with 23o, then cheers to him lol.

Percussion
02-24-2005, 04:04 PM
You should be happy that the people play 23o!! I mean, over time you would kill someone who plays like this. These kinds of bad players are what make Poker players money. Also, if you are going to play poker, you need to be able to deal with missing every flop for a while, just because it happens to everyone.