PDA

View Full Version : who roots for bad beats in small pots?

steaknshake925
02-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Whenever I have aces and I end up allin preflop against a really short stack with say a small PP, I always root for him to win because I figure my aces will lose 1 in 4 times and if I take the loss this time, then they'll hold up the next three times I get it allin preflop. Similarly if I flop a set and get a mini-stack allin, I'm rooting for his 2-outer to hit so I can have my sets hold up the next 22 times.

Likewise, I get pissed whenever I flop quads, because you only flop a set 1 in 8 times, and flopping quads is like flopping a set twice so now you just screwed urself over for the next 16 times u get a PP preflop. Plus you never get any action on quads so they're just unnecessary overkill anyway.

Of course it's irrational, but who else thinks this way?

Reef
02-24-2005, 02:19 AM
I often tell myself how dumb I am for hoping that I "take this loss" as my 1 in 4 that I am statistically doomed to lose. In the longrun, the losses will all average out proportionally to how many big and small pots you've played in this exact situation.

emonrad87
02-24-2005, 05:36 AM
You suck at poker. Only someone with horribly flawed logic would think that way.

Reef
02-24-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You suck at poker. Only someone with horribly flawed logic would think that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the poster clearly expressed his recognition in the flaw of this logic.

Caruso329
02-24-2005, 06:43 AM
I never root for myself to lose money. OP = moron.

aLOWdAkING
02-24-2005, 06:44 AM
This is making me cry

jason_t
02-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I heard a funny story related to this. There is a cafe in Salt Lake City that supposedly makes incredible quiche. They received a visit from the Department of Health one afternoon asking how many eggs they used per quiche. The cafe owner said he used four and the Department of Health official said he must stop that immediately as 1 egg in 4 contains salmonella. The owner asked if he could from each dozen eggs just throw three of them away but continue to make quiche with four eggs. The Department of Health official said he was unsure and would get back to the owner.