PDA

View Full Version : March Madness Poker Tournament, what do you think?

Yarney
02-24-2005, 01:53 AM
I normally run a small buy in home game for fun each week. However, I am stating to organize a March Madness Poker tournament to have a little bit of fun. Basically the way it would work is that I would have everyone interesting put up 20 bucks and then I would randomly create a bracket with all of their names. The it would just be heads up freeze-outs throughout the brackets, single eliminations. Not only would it be fun poker, but it would be good heads up practice, plus give everyone something to bet on even after they've been eliminated.

I'm just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this before I officially roll it out.

-Yarney

smoore
02-24-2005, 05:29 AM
I love it. If I did this and didn't expect very many players I'd probably do a double elimination bracket.

It would be fun in a single elimnation bracket to always bring the chips you just won from the other guy to the next match. Always getting BIGGER! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Art Vandelay
02-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I've thought about doing this with my home game as well. We are considering doing a round robin system where you have 4 4 player pools. Each player plays 3 heads up matches against his pool. Top 2 out of each pool go onto a 8 player, single elimination tourney.

duma
02-25-2005, 02:59 AM
http://www.headsuppokerchamp.com/

NBC is going to air the National Heads-UP poker championships in May. i love the idea and am curious how the blinds and chip counts, and round times would work out.

on another note, i see this as the natural evolution of poker. all the pros hate playing with amateurs. this is a contained environment where one of them will be guaranteed to win. its like golf almost, and i can see it overtaking golf or becoming on the same scale as it. one day, players wont have to put up entry fees, it will all be taken care of by sponsors. and im sure there will be tournaments where u can earn your way into the tour so to speak, just like golf where u earn your tour card.

flatline
02-25-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.headsuppokerchamp.com/

NBC is going to air the National Heads-UP poker championships in May. i love the idea and am curious how the blinds and chip counts, and round times would work out.

on another note, i see this as the natural evolution of poker. all the pros hate playing with amateurs. this is a contained environment where one of them will be guaranteed to win. its like golf almost, and i can see it overtaking golf or becoming on the same scale as it. one day, players wont have to put up entry fees, it will all be taken care of by sponsors. and im sure there will be tournaments where u can earn your way into the tour so to speak, just like golf where u earn your tour card.

[/ QUOTE ]

all the pros hate playing with amateurs. .......

duma
02-26-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
all the pros hate playing with amateurs. .......

[/ QUOTE ]

well if you listened to their whining at the 2004 WSOP then you would know what im talking about.