PDA

View Full Version : Pure Bluffing

ZeroMan
02-24-2005, 01:52 AM
is it ever correct to pure bluff in a tourney?, if you think that your opponent (approx. same stack size as yours) has a very good chance of folding if you push all in, but will probably crying call any other bet or raise up to the size of the pot. the pot being about a third or your remaining stack, is this play just -EV? because youll be dead and out if your wrong and get called? i know it depends on the particular situation and alot of other factors, but i would like to know if good players: MLG...ex.. do you ever pure bluff like this in a tourney?

MLG
02-24-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't think I would ever make a pure bluff on the river for 3x the size of the pot. I mean, never say never, but I can't see how I would get myself into a situation like that, where I knew I'd get called with a smaller bet but didn't think a huge bet would get called. Generally bluffing in this situation is just chip spewing.

Now, there are times to make a pure bluff, and I bluff somewhat frequently (probably slightly more frequently than I should) but generally not for my whole stack on the river when it 3 times the size of the pot.

ZeroMan
02-24-2005, 10:00 AM
thx MLG i appreciate your advice

willie
02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
i've done it before, but only against a person who was being extremely aggro to my blinds for successive orbits

i had a missed aq to the river, put in one last large bet, he folded- i showed- got me plenty of call downs later.

not a good play, i was definitely tilting.