PDA

View Full Version : Multitabling absolute does wierd things to the tables

og5
02-24-2005, 01:14 AM
My 21" monitor came in today and I tested it out multitabling absolute. It's awesome being able to see 2 tables at once with no overlap. I tried to joining another table but with 3 tables on screen the tables suddenly did wierd things. they would shake around and the cards/chips would flicker. I thought it might be a problem with my monitor but I noticed this was only happening at the tables and not the rest of my screen. plus when I exited the third table the other 2 were fine again. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

MicroBob
02-24-2005, 01:42 AM
I haven't had your specific problem but I'm not surprised.

more than 2 tables of absolute on my computer and EVERYTHING slows down to a crawl (timing out on the one party table I'm playing..etc).
absolute is just a resource-hog (although I haven't played there in forever and am told that it might be improving there).

See if the same thing happens with other sites.

I have significantly more slow-down and resource-hog problems with absolute than any other site (doesn't matterif i'm on wireless or dial-up)....hence the #1 reason I don't play there anymore.

rivered
02-24-2005, 03:34 AM
One thing about absolute is that I found you have to have a half decent video card. I 6 table with 3 absolute tables and don't have any problems but I've got a fairly high end video card. And if you have onboard video (on your motherboard, not a seperate card) I'd have to say good luck.