PDA

View Full Version : Milking for extra bets in PP micro

Clarkmeister
09-10-2002, 12:41 PM
The G/F is playing PP1/2 last night and I decided to watch her for about half an hour. The game is very weak-tight overall, so I was trying to get her to be less aggressive with some of her stronger hands.

The hand: All fold to her on the button, she open raises with AsKc. SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Ah 9s 4s. SB checks, I tell her to check and she says "why", I say just do it, and she finally does.

Turn: Td. SB bets, she calls.

River: 3h. SB bets, she raises (she didn't want to, lol), SB calls and her hand is good.

She wins a nice pot, and I won a kiss. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Any of you PP regulars do similar things when these games degenerate into a blind stealing contest?

Uston
09-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Any of you PP regulars do similar things when these games degenerate into a blind stealing contest?

Yes, I'll log into another site and play in a game that has 30-40% seeing the turn at the same limit.

As for the hand, the fact the she had the nut backdoor draw made it an excellent play.

Vehn
09-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Since the SB bet the river I'm sure he had an ace. Many people on PP will checkraise the flop here which means she missed 1 sb /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Anders L
09-10-2002, 05:39 PM
No, I cant stop myself coming out firing. Maybe thats one of the reasons I've been doing REALLY badly lately.

09-11-2002, 08:43 AM
Why are you so sure the SB had an Ace hand? Yes, some players will checkraise the flop, but that doesn't mean this is the case here. You have to know your player and think about the percentages - a) SB has nothing right now, will fold the flop if the preflop raiser bets, b) SB has an Ace with bad kicker and will foolishly call on the flop if the preflop raiser bets.

In my opinion it's just as likely the SB had absolutely nothing, tried to steal on the turn and felt committed to bet the river as well. I feel "sure" this is just as valid as your theory about an Ace. Without knowing the player better, there's no way to know.

Vehn
09-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Most of the players on PP LL will not bet the river here without ace - and I have played PLENTY of PP LL. Maybe they would bet with a ten, but not likely. Personally my first thought when someone raises preflop and checks the flop is "he's slowplaying". Remember she open raised on the button here. Why exactly is it "foolish" to call a flop bet with ace bad kicker? Do you normally lay down top pair after defending your blind? Why in the world if the SB had "absolutely nothing", would he call the river raise?