PDA

View Full Version : Webber Traded!

Popinjay
02-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Webber to Philadelphia for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner. Wow

Joe826
02-24-2005, 12:49 AM
It's about time AI got someone decent to play with.

DesertCat
02-24-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not going to pass to webber either...

holeplug
02-24-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's averaging 7.6 assists per game this year. 6th in the league....

JTG51
02-24-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess who's sixth in the NBA in assists this year.

istewart
02-24-2005, 01:05 AM
DesertCat, take the pwning like a man.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 01:07 AM
YEA SIXERS!!! THAT MEANS WE'LL FINISH ABOVE .500 THIS YEAR WHICH SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO WIN THE ATLANTIC DIVISION, THE WORST NBA DIVISION EVER.

Clarkmeister
02-24-2005, 01:07 AM
I love Iverson. I think he was the only one on the US national team that actually gave a [censored].

Joe826
02-24-2005, 01:08 AM
agreed.

DemonDeac
02-24-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love Iverson. I think he was the only one on the US national team that actually gave a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

he always goes hard--except in practice ("we talking 'bout practice). u gotta give him a lot of respect.

andyfox
02-24-2005, 01:10 AM
There's no harder worker in the NBA. I realize that's not saying a lot, but the guy gives 100% on the court 100% of the time.

DesertCat
02-24-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I apologize. I am so used to AI hucking up off balance bricks that I guess I never remember seeing him actually pass the ball.

mmbt0ne
02-24-2005, 02:29 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet LeBron and Amare gave a [censored] too, Brown just wasn't going to play them. It's a shame that two of the best players in the league were left out of the games because Larry doesn't like playing young guys.

wonderwes
02-24-2005, 04:57 AM
I have no freaking clue what the Kings are thinking. Do they think this really improves their chances in the West? Was it only 2 years ago that Webber was a free agent and was one of the most sought after players? I guess Sacramento really needed to move some cap space.

Webber is still married to Tyra Banks though.

Popinjay
02-24-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no freaking clue what the Kings are thinking. Do they think this really improves their chances in the West? Was it only 2 years ago that Webber was a free agent and was one of the most sought after players? I guess Sacramento really needed to move some cap space.

Webber is still married to Tyra Banks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good move I think. Webber's no longer a good post player after all his injuries, a lot of the time it looks like he is hobbling around the court. Pretty much he's a really good passing jump shooter. You can only base an offense around so many jump shooters, if it's all jump shooters you sure as well better be able to play very fast which Webber can't do anymore. Bring into the equation the fact that Peja wanted to be traded because he didn't like Webber, and if you're gonna clear some room on the team for a post player, which jump shooter are you gonna keep? Definetly Peja.

Phoenix1010
02-24-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm a big fan of both teams actually (although my heart is always with my Knicks). My first thought was that the Kings got jobbed, and I had a long rant written out about it. But upon further review, it really does work out well for both teams. The Kings have been the picture-perfect "excellent on paper, ok on the court" team for years now, and it's become clear that something needed to change. I thought a Peja trade was their best bet, since they could easily get a second tier, almost allstar quality player for him that might juice up the team and get some new chemistry going. However, the Kings have been really thin on the bench (mostly due to injuries) and they're severly lacking in back up big men (incredibly important to any playoff run). So the Kings get some more depth and size, and the Sixers finally get a second star player to add to Iverson. Should be interesting to see what develops.

Gramps
02-24-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've watched the Kings on a regular basis over the last 5 years or so (I have, I grew up near Sac), you know that Webber is a b-tch. That's the best way I can describe it.

He says the right things, will sack up on occassion, then turn around and not hustle, not give sh-t, but even worse he'll be very conscious to act like he's trying (so you can't see that he's just half-assing it on defense or a rebound), while still not trying. Hard to explain, but watching him play many games (and seeing the slow motion replay of it), it's gets tired and old fast. Talk to a Kings fan, and they know what's up. It's like he only wants to be accountable for his play about half the time - his mom must have let him get away with everything growing up or something.

Plus, he's a scatter brain under pressure - instead of just trying to execute the simple play, he gets all out of sorts and screws things up. Plus, he has a bad habit of stopping the ball at the top of the key and destroying the rhythm flow of the entire offense. Plus...yes, I'm a bitter Kings fan.

And he's 32, his physical skills are diminishing, he's owed $62 million over the next 3 years and is already calling for an extension. The Kings are a very good team without Webber. They're not going to win a championship with him (and probably not without unless they go out and add another player or two), but they're going to have to pay a lot more money with him. Hopefully Bibby will step up, it will become his team, and with Peja, Miller, and Mobley, then can pick up one other inside presence and make a run next year.

Kudos again to Geoff Petrie, the best GM in the NBA. If there was a Peja-Webber rift, no way you dump Peja and his light(er) contract over Webber and his old b-tch arse. If there was no rift...kudos still.

mistrpug
02-24-2005, 09:30 AM
How the hell did this happen? The Sixers got a legitimate second star to go with Iverson and only gave up 3 medicore players with bad contracts. They didn't even give up one of their decent young guys (Green, Dalembert, Korver) and it actually helps their cap situation in the future. Unbelievable deal.

hoyaboy1
02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
You got 3 mediocre at best players, all of whom have bad contracts and are undersized PFs. Spin this any way you want, but it was no a good trade.

Bulldog
02-24-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I apologize. I am so used to AI hucking up off balance bricks that I guess I never remember seeing him actually pass the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I'm Allen Iverson. By the end of March, I'll be in the top 100 in career NBA assists, and it's only my ninth season. I'm already 51st in career assists per game, and I also had 6.8 per game last year, in case you missed all of this season.

Prof. Chaos
02-24-2005, 03:50 PM
this makes me happy because it basically guarantees Webber will never win anything.