PDA

View Full Version : HOLY MOLY SIXERS GET CHRIS WEBBER!!!

CCx
02-24-2005, 12:46 AM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoChance
02-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Didn't give much up either.

CCx
02-24-2005, 12:48 AM
The Sacramento Kings and Philadelphia 76ers have completed a deal that will send Chris Webber, Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley to the Sixers for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner, two league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford.

CCx
02-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Big Bird aka Stephen A Smith says Philly's not done on the market either....wow, Billy King flexing his GM muscle

holeplug
02-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Not only do they get Webber but they also dumped Kenny Thomas's bloated contract.

CCx
02-24-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not only do they get Webber but they also dumped Kenny Thomas's bloated contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I was just listening to WIP on the way home tonight and they were talking about how could we ever get rid of that albatross of a deal. 7 years 49 million for Kenny ...byebye! Woohoo! If it wasnt gonna snow so much here tomorrow I'd have to go out drinking after work with my buddies to celebrate.

tech
02-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Kings net points per 100 poss. w/ Webber on court: +0.6
Kings net points per 100 poss. w/o Webber on court: +6.7

Kings total net points w/ Webber on court: +25
Kings total net points w/o Webber on court: +103

There will be some opportunities to bet on the Kings in the next few games.

02-24-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kings net points per 100 poss. w/ Webber on court: +0.6
Kings net points per 100 poss. w/o Webber on court: +6.7

Kings total net points w/ Webber on court: +25
Kings total net points w/o Webber on court: +103

There will be some opportunities to bet on the Kings in the next few games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that seems strange because he is having such a good season. What explains this? The emergence of Darius Songaila?

scott8
02-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Webber may be overrated, but who cares, the Raiders got Randy Moss!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Buck_65
02-24-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Webber may be overrated, but who cares, the Raiders got Randy Moss!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach it.

RaiNz
02-24-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Man that seems strange because he is having such a good season. What explains this? The emergence of Darius Songaila?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about the money. Webber $60 million for the next 3 years.

CCx
02-24-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about the money. Webber $60 million for the next 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

It must not be all about the money if they took on one huge, long contract and some other short term money as well. It's actually kind of a wash.

Kenny Thomas: 5 years, $39 million plus 15% trade kicker that will make this number larger

Corliss Williamson: 2 years, $12.5 million

Brian Skinner: 1 year, $4.9 million + 1 extra year at $5.4 million that is 75% guaranteed

ProfLupin
02-24-2005, 12:07 PM
This isn't a horrible trade for Philly, but he won't be the savior. Also be prepared for at least 3 bad 18 ft. jumpers a night from Webber when he should have looked for a better shot or an open teamate. Anyone who has watched the Kings the last few years knows what I'm talking about.

CCx
02-24-2005, 12:15 PM
No one said he'd be the savior but if you watch as many Sixers games as I do, not having to see Kenny Thomas out there anymore, and having someone that can actually put the ball in the hoop when AI passes it to him will be refreshing. There's no way (barring injury) that we dont win our division now....not like it was that hard to begin with, but this is certainly not a BAD trade for Philly...

CCx
02-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh my....now they trade BIG DOG for Mashburn (inactive and retiring) and Rodney Rogers who did well under O'Brien in Boston...this is an amazing day for the Sixers, getting rid of so many stiffs in one day and bringing in actual talent...i'm speechless (apparently not but still)

Easy E
02-24-2005, 02:35 PM
By league rules, the money HAS to be an approximate wash

Easy E
02-24-2005, 02:37 PM
This one confused me a bit. This seems primarily a contract dumping trade. However, if they'd kept Big Dog, wouldn't their cap next year have been better off?

And you thought the NFL cap required advanced math....

Gallopin Gael
02-24-2005, 02:55 PM
The talk around town is it was a move to keep Peja (after next year) and give the Kings some flexability to make some moves (thinking that it's easier to deal when you have 3 guys making 18 mill vs. 1 guy.

Web is a nice guy that says all the right things (except to grand juries /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and the city & media will love him, but he was painful to watch on the floor with the Kings. He just didn't fit what they were trying to do.

I'd put good money on Peja being an MVP candidate next season (like he was last year at the begining).

CCx
02-24-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one confused me a bit. This seems primarily a contract dumping trade. However, if they'd kept Big Dog, wouldn't their cap next year have been better off?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's essentially even up when it comes to contract dumping here - the only difference is that the Sixers get a player back in Rogers who will actually take the floor and shoot the ball in the hoop. Robinson's contract comes off at the end of the year for New Orleans, Mashburn will retire at the end of the year and insurance will pick up 80% of his contract this year and next because of his injury. Rogers also is a free agent after this year so all in all, it's the same result for the Sixers at year end, they just get someone on the floor this year. With regards to the cap, the Sixers cap situation would have been screwed whether they traded Big Dog or kept him....but I guess they'll deal with that next year /images/graemlins/grin.gif