PDA

View Full Version : Standard AQ gutshot raise?

bilbo-san
02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
I think this is standard but just want to make sure I am not misapplying any concepts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does anyone think this is a bad raise?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

LoaferGee12
02-24-2005, 12:32 AM
I think I might just call here and fold the turn UI. Reason being that I only have 1 overcard and 1 of the A outs puts a 3-flush on the board. Same goes for the gutshot. This, in no way is standard but can be used versus passive players that you don't think will 3-bet or stop-n-go.

zeropotential
02-24-2005, 01:35 AM
we've got to assume UTG+2 has the king here... That being said you have at least 3 Ten's that give you the nuts (spade puts down the 3rd of a flush) and potentially 4 aces, but I'd discount that to 3 because of the space again, and the potential of an ace helping someone out. 6 outs... so you should either call/raise for sure. I'd go with call, I don't think we have equity here to raise. Hope for the button to overcall and for a good turn card. Fold to a bet on the turn if unimproved.

Reqtech
02-24-2005, 01:55 AM
I like it. You bought the button and earned your free card on the turn.

bilbo-san
02-24-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we've got to assume UTG+2 has the king here... That being said you have at least 3 Ten's that give you the nuts (spade puts down the 3rd of a flush) and potentially 4 aces, but I'd discount that to 3 because of the space again, and the potential of an ace helping someone out. 6 outs... so you should either call/raise for sure. I'd go with call, I don't think we have equity here to raise. Hope for the button to overcall and for a good turn card. Fold to a bet on the turn if unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if I can get something like A7 or ATo to fold, that would be a coup. Even And the possibility of getting the button and the free card are very enticing -- with a draw this marginal it would be nice to peel off two cards.

Getting 12:1 on the flop, I really MUST call. Doesn't raising improve my chance of winning?

zeropotential
02-24-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting 12:1 on the flop, I really MUST call. Doesn't raising improve my chance of winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, anyone with more experience have an opinion of what should be done?