PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else not able to make the transition from Limit to NL

LImitPlayer
02-24-2005, 12:10 AM
I sure as hell can't. I give up

I am the world's worst NL player. After 55K hands I have a measly winrate of .34bb/100 hands in the 25NL games on the Party Skins.

I can crush Limit 8 tabling and absolutlely destroy it if I played a single table but put me on a single table or 2 of NL and you can kiss my win rate goodbye. Throw it out the damn window, POOF it's gone.

Why can't I beat the NL tables?

Anybody else out there in my position?

47outs
02-24-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm the opposite.

I crush the NL games and poor avg. at best on limit.

I play a tonne more limit than NL though. I think it's a challenge thing and I'm stubborn.

outs

Greg J
02-24-2005, 01:05 AM
I play limit ring but like NL tourneys. Go figure.

PokerCat69
02-24-2005, 01:09 AM
I first started out playing NL poker. NL is easy, limit is harder for me.

mcb
02-24-2005, 01:36 AM
If you only play AA KK QQ AK AQ poket pairs and suited connectors at party 25NL you should be able to turn a decent profit. It really isn't much harder than that and you should be able to win more than .34bb /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BusterStacks
02-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Yes, I am good at limit and horrible at NL.

lefty rosen
02-24-2005, 02:20 AM
I used to think I had game at NL, but when Party created the 6 max games the full game became near impossible for me to beat. I noticed that the idiot who would cold call any two broadway on a raise is now replaced by a rock who uses poker tracker and charts my hand percentage. A player like that I am saw off at best with....... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

peachy
02-24-2005, 04:31 AM
oddly enough...i play mostly NL live (sometimes limit depending on the games) but for the life of me i cannot (or mainly just do not) like NL online...i still have no clue why this is and ive tried NL online in a number of forms - it just never sat well with me. But like i said, live i have no trouble making the transition and it has nothing to do with reading people, thus why im at a loss

actually...i havent tried in awhile...so im gonna go play some NL right now /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AncientPC
02-24-2005, 02:29 PM
No offense but the Party NL 25 6-max tables are literally volcanoes spewing craploads of free money. Were you playing 6-max or full ring?

You should probably hang out in the SSNL (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker) forum more.

Ironically I'm going in the opposite direction, from NL -> limit. I don't find 2/4 full ring nearly as profitable as the .5/1 or 1/2 NL I was playing, but

1) The swings are less brutal.

2) I need to improve my limit game (if nothing, just for the hell of it).

3) Bonus clearing at certain sites is a lot quicker. It's pretty difficult to hit $20 pot consistently at .5/1 NL, but it's quite doable at 2/4 full ring for places like Poker Room, Stars, Ultimate Bet, etc.