PDA

View Full Version : what the latest version of SSH?

Joe B.
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
what the latest version of SSH?

i just recently order SSH at Amazon like a few weeks ago and my copy says First Edition, First Printing July 2004

if i dont have the latest, what changes and correction is on new? do i need to buy the new edition?

Niediam
02-24-2005, 12:12 AM
The only new version out I believe is the 2nd printing which only corrected some typos.

MicroBob
02-24-2005, 12:40 AM
This is correct...it just came out a few months ago.

Only edition there is...not sure why they would need a 2nd edition less than a year after the original came out.

Joe B.
02-24-2005, 12:58 AM
that so strange that 2nd edition came out for a few months now..

i got this SSH brand new on amazon a few weeks ago and it says first edition.

Niediam
02-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Bob was trying to say that there isn't a 2nd edition. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mason Malmuth
02-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi Joe:

There were a small number of type-os that we corrected between the first and second printing. Other than that they are word for word the same, so there is no difference.

Best wishes,
Mason

Mason Malmuth
02-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Hi Joe:

There is no second edition. Just a first edition, second printing.

Best wishes,
Mason

Joe B.
02-24-2005, 03:10 AM
thanks

i am so mad at Amazon for giving me a first printing and not a second printing. i even order and received it couple weeks ago too. i wonder why Amazon is still selling the first printing and not the 2nd printing.

but glad there no diference. just wish now i knew what typo was corrected and what pages.

Mason Malmuth
02-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Hi Joe:

They probably sent you the first printing because that's what they have in stock. We have just released the second printing and there really is no difference. The changes are so minor that there is a good chance you could read the whole book and never notice them anyway.

Best wishes,
mason