PDA

View Full Version : AQo makes nut flush on turn, scary river card.

David04
02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($1.31)
SB ($3.19)
BB ($1.21)
UTG ($.32)
Hero ($2.14)
CO ($2.03)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.08</font>, Hero calls $0.08, Button folds, SB folds.

River: ($0.24) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.11 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $1.11.

Final Pot: $2.46

I wanted to fold this river so badly, but I just couldn't justify it. I thought he may have had a straight flush, but I couldn't lay this down. Is my call okay? I think for a while, type "Don't show me the 8 of spades" and call. Of course, he shows me A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Should I have bet the turn, and not given him the odds to call? Or was my slowplay okay(I was hoping that I could induce a bluff, my opponent was semi-aggressive postflop)

Damn my FSP. I should just bet the turn. Damn.

Okay, flame away about my bad beat post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

xorbie
02-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Call this every single time.

steaknshake925
02-23-2005, 11:51 PM
six-handed so raise AQ preflop.

On the turn you need to raise. This isn't a good spot to slowplay because your opponent is not likely to improve to a better hand that you beat. If he has a big spade, he's paying off anyway whether you raise turn or river. If he doesn't, you can't really expect to induce a river bluff because even LAGs know to slow down in that spot without a big spade. Also raising the turn charges him for the draw if he has a set.

River call was automatic.