PDA

View Full Version : this forum had upside

sublime
02-23-2005, 09:12 PM
it is now a complete waste.

carry on

greg586
02-23-2005, 09:43 PM
i disagree....i want all the opinions i can get..even if from andrew......too many people let him piss them off.........let him post....make your own mind up

craig r
02-23-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't THINK he is just talking about Andrew. I think he is talking about people coming, making picks, not posting any reasoning, having a crappy record, and then quit posting. A lot of the posters don't have YTD records, which makes it pretty tough to see who are good cappers and who aren't. Plus, it would make individual cappers much more honsest with themselves. Nobody gets better when there are no YTD records and/or reasoning behind picks. Isn't that the purpose behind this forum. Anyways, I am done with my rant now. Plus, this might not have even been what Sublime was talking about. Also, this was not directed at anybody personally (except for Tech /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

craig

MicroBob
02-23-2005, 09:56 PM
I agree with the last part.

It's all Tech's fault....and it't not even close.
Do you see why?

greg586
02-23-2005, 10:07 PM
i get belly laffs....reading andrews posts.......sooo funny.......

$DEADSEXE$
02-23-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm just going to wait for football season before i actually start taking the board seriously again.

CCx
02-24-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is now a complete waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know about 'complete', but it's heading that direction

MicroBob
02-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Hard to disagree....but I think Niss and a couple others will be reasonable baseball handicappers.

I'm hoping I get to include myself in this group also with my rather unorthodox ways...but I'll be much happier if I actually learn some stuff from the other posters around here.
The arrival of posters like 20five with some pretty decent analysis show that the forum actually COULD be not quite so terrible.

There is still potential...the 'waste' of this forum is not complete yet...
but it definitely is more of a 'fun' and 'trash-talking' forum than it should be.

andrewbross
02-24-2005, 12:08 AM
If it's a waste, stop wasting your time and mine and move on. This forum should be for people who are making a living on sports betting or at least making their best effort in doing so. When you get clowns like MICROBOB who just posts to see himself in print and many others like him then yes I agree it's a complete waste.

tech
02-24-2005, 12:08 AM
This can be said about a good portion of the forums at 2+2. Any forum without active moderators (i.e., the people that post there) will eventually become a wasteland for trolls.

tech
02-24-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't THINK he is just talking about Andrew. I think he is talking about people coming, making picks, not posting any reasoning, having a crappy record, and then quit posting. A lot of the posters don't have YTD records, which makes it pretty tough to see who are good cappers and who aren't. Plus, it would make individual cappers much more honsest with themselves. Nobody gets better when there are no YTD records and/or reasoning behind picks. Isn't that the purpose behind this forum. Anyways, I am done with my rant now. Plus, this might not have even been what Sublime was talking about. Also, this was not directed at anybody personally (except for Tech ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Really though, I am a member of about 7 different sports betting forums. The ratio of useful information to garbage is about the same everywhere else as it is here. There are some really useful people and information everywhere. You just have to wade through a lot of junk to find it. On a side note, I'm not even sure SSB counts as a forum because there is so little discussion there anymore.

CCx
02-24-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
baseball handicappers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, cant wait til baseball season starts!