PDA

View Full Version : PokerEdge

JimmyJazz1
02-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Has anyone purchased it or heard anything good about it? I just downloaded the program but found out you need to get a monthly subscription of 9.99 for 25nl and 50nl or 19.99 for 25nl, 50nl, 100nl, and 200nl.

I already have poker tracker, so would PokerEdge still be a good buy?

_And1_
02-23-2005, 11:08 PM
WHAT? 20bucks per month, what is that doin that PT and GT+/PV doenst (or pokeroffice if you prefer) ???

Rip off?!?

Rudbaeck
02-24-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WHAT? 20bucks per month, what is that doin that PT and GT+/PV doenst (or pokeroffice if you prefer) ???

Rip off?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use and I save that $20 on the 1st every month. I 8-table and using PT to find juicy tables takes 10 minutes per table I check out. Using PE to do it takes 20 seconds per table.

Ranged
02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
It table selection all this program is good for? What percent of players you see at any given table are already in their database?

Rudbaeck
02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It table selection all this program is good for? What percent of players you see at any given table are already in their database?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 80-85% are in the database already. It doesn't provide enough stats to replace PT, but it rocks for table selection.

Notice that it uploads your HHs, so don't have it open after you find your tables if you are uncomfortable with that.

Zygote
02-24-2005, 07:53 PM
some 2+2ers figured out that the software is able to read your hands on your computer as you're playing. I'd be skeptical to get involved with this. At least search the forums for "pokeredge" and look for that thread.

BluffTHIS!
02-25-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some 2+2ers figured out that the software is able to read your hands on your computer as you're playing. I'd be skeptical to get involved with this. At least search the forums for "pokeredge" and look for that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not read the thread in question so excuse me if I am making a comment that has already been made. The most troubling aspect of an ability by Poker Edge to read your hands would to me be the possibility that instead of PE itself using a whole lot of computers to datamine to provide the stats, it instead used all it's subscribers as slaves and transmitted the hand history information from games they are involved in back to PE central to add to the database. If this were technically possible you are thus not only paying to get all the stats you help provide, but also providing your own to others using the service.

Stew
02-25-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not read the thread in question so excuse me if I am making a comment that has already been made. The most troubling aspect of an ability by Poker Edge to read your hands would to me be the possibility that instead of PE itself using a whole lot of computers to datamine to provide the stats, it instead used all it's subscribers as slaves and transmitted the hand history information from games they are involved in back to PE central to add to the database. If this were technically possible you are thus not only paying to get all the stats you help provide, but also providing your own to others using the service.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding, that is exactly what PokerEdge does.

Ranged
02-27-2005, 06:54 PM
I was curious and emailed Poker-Edge about hole cards being sent and whether or not you are added to their dbase. Here is the response.

"Your hand histories will be added to the database to allow you to see
your own stats and progress. For security purposes, your hole cards
will never be sent, and no information will be sent until after a hand
is over. In addition, your stats will be hidden from other members as
long as you are a member."

Prod1gy
03-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Exactly. So the second you cancel your subscription all the sudden all those hands you played are now available to everyone else still using PokerEdge.

sync
03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm probably just dense but it seems to me that PE is getting card information on you whether or not you subscribe. How else do they get the info that is provided by their service?

Rudbaeck
03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably just dense but it seems to me that PE is getting card information on you whether or not you subscribe. How else do they get the info that is provided by their service?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they get more if you subscribe and then quit. When I signed up they had ~3500 hands on me. Now I clear out the hh folders daily, and close PE as soon as I've found my 8 tables. No use in feeding my data into the system, even though their stats were very close to my actual stats initially.

krishanleong
03-02-2005, 02:19 PM
What game do you play if you don't mind me asking?

Krishan

huge
03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they get more if you subscribe and then quit. When I signed up they had ~3500 hands on me. Now I clear out the hh folders daily, and close PE as soon as I've found my 8 tables. No use in feeding my data into the system, even though their stats were very close to my actual stats initially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use PokerTracker and have it move history files into its own folder after they are processed. Would this at least keep PokerEdge from uploading my old history files?