PDA

View Full Version : flush outdraws me, but he played correctly?

greg nice
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
seems like he had proper odds to call the whole way. is there anything i can do differently?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO raises all in, Hero calls

Final Pot: 8 BB

Shillx
02-23-2005, 08:12 PM
There is no other way to play this. This is super straight forward value betting dude.

Brad /images/graemlins/confused.gif

btspider
02-23-2005, 08:13 PM
i think you'd probably learn more by reading and responding to other people's posts than simply posting beats like this.

greg nice
02-23-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you'd probably learn more by reading and responding to other people's posts than simply posting beats like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is your problem? im not posting it because its a beat. i could care less about some p.o.s. 1/2 pot. im asking if theres any way to make him make a mistake in this hand. you obviously dont know, so please dont respond.

LoaferGee12
02-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Whoa, calm down. First of all, btspider is one of the best posters you're going to see in the Micro forum so take heed to his advice in the future. The reason they responded like this is because this hand is so straight-forward. Pretty much any time you are outdrawn by a flush draw, he didn't make a mistake anywhere. Don't bother trying to make a flush draw call incorrectly or fold because it's virtually impossible.

btspider
02-23-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is your problem? im not posting it because its a beat. i could care less about some p.o.s. 1/2 pot. im asking if theres any way to make him make a mistake in this hand. you obviously dont know, so please dont respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

your topic title was biased, suggesting a beat complaint. both of your hands had some very basic issues. i'd highly recommend just reading mass #'s of existing topics and you'll likely learn much more by exposing yourself to many situations.

there are thousands of hands already in the archives. focusing on protecting yourself from a flush draw is misdirected energy and suggests the need to know what's really out there to learn.

Entity
02-23-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You want a quick answer? The answer is NO. There is no way to protect against a flush draw.

There. Happy?

Rob

greg nice
02-23-2005, 08:56 PM
hey bud, im sorry if you interpreted my topic the way you did, but my intention was not to imply a badbeat story. i tried to convey my question, perhaps ill be more careful next time.

you are right that i have a lot to learn. isnt that the purpose of these forums? instead of being a dick you couldve just said whay loafgee did and we couldve avoided the drama.