PDA

View Full Version : AKs, calldown OK here?

pfkaok
02-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Since starting the 15 game, I feel like I've been calling down the turn CR, and rarely 3-betting with hands like this where the board is drawwy... One thing i've noticed is in the full 15 games is that most peopel at least hvae a pretty stong draw to CR the turn. On 10/20 i saw a lot of stone bluffs, or people who would do it with bottom pair type hands that they'd fold to 3bet.

On this one, opponent is no too loose PF (25-30 i think), but at least fairly aggressive postflop. anyways, here, i'm thinking if he is semibluffing, he'll probabhly take another stab at the river whether he hits or not. So if i'm ahead, he's probably got at least a decent amount of outs, so by calling down i should win 1 bet on river if he misses. if i'm ahead and 3bet, then he probably calls on turn, then check/folds, or check/raises on river, depending whether he hits or not.

Then of course if he's ahead then i'm probably drawing very slim, or dead, so of course calling down is better than 3betting then.

how LAGy does the player have to be in order to make 3-betting correct in these spots? or is my thinking flawed, and i should be 3-betting aginst a lot of players>?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB

esspo
02-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I definately wouldn't 3-bet. Getting checkraised on the turn holding TPTK with an A on the board sucks. I call down though, especialy since the 9 counterfeited some of the possible two pair hands.

pfkaok
02-23-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I definately wouldn't 3-bet. Getting checkraised on the turn holding TPTK with an A on the board sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was pretty sure not 3-betting here was better, but there have been other hands i've called down on where i was considering 3-betting much more. i'll try to find one.

Kaz The Original
02-23-2005, 09:24 PM
His QJ is good, but you gotta have pretty solid reads to lay it down. There's a number of regulars at Brantford that I toss turn raises to with one pai, especially multiway, but usualy heads up as well. Hope they don't read 2+2 : )

pfkaok
02-23-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

His QJ is good, but you gotta have pretty solid reads to lay it down

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i didn't have that many hands with him, so not a great read, but he dind't have QJ... kinda close though.

TStoneMBD
02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
if he is going to bet the river after semibluffing the turn then you dont gain anything by raising the turn other than metagame strengths. by raising the turn with marginal hands and checking the river, your opponents are forced to call you down when you hold monsters. raising the turn only shows immediate profit if the villain will fold a better hand, which isnt the case here, or if the villain will checkraise the river on a busted draw far too often showing a negative profit, and you are comfortable calling the correct percentage of the time according to game theory. some players are laggy enough to cap the turn with a draw, and against these players you would have to be comfortable calling down enough times, according to game theory, to show a greater profit. however, i sure as hell know that i wouldnt be comfortable calling a turn cap down with TPTK.