PDA

View Full Version : AA and my fishy line.

Entity
02-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Evan doesn't like my line here. I'm not so sure about it either.

My opponent is VERY aggressive, both with made hands and weakish draws. I've seen him cap the flop with second pair, and the turn with TPNK.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Grisgra
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Given your read (he caps the turn with TPNK) I don't think it's bad at all. I think he'll have JJ-KK more often than he'll have a set or a weird two pair or A4.

That being said, I would have check/called the river nonetheless, as I am a weenie /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Joe826
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
I like it, except I check/raise the turn. Specifically leading out on this flop because you *know* it will get raised so you can smooth call and C/R the turn is the best possible line IMO.

Grisgra
02-23-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it, except I check/raise the turn. Specifically leading out on this flop because you *know* it will get raised so you can smooth call and C/R the turn is the best possible line IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this guy I bet the turn because I think he'll raise me and I'll be able to 3-bet.

Joe826
02-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah well I check/raise because I think he'll 3-bet and I can cap. In your face!!

Grisgra
02-23-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah well I check/raise because I think he'll 3-bet and I can cap. In your face!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

toss
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Did you bet the river because you think you'll be able to 3-bet? If so I like it.

Entity
02-23-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you bet the river because you think you'll be able to 3-bet? If so I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No -- this guy is sane enough that he wouldn't raise the river with too many hands I beat. I'd call a raise.

Rob

toss
02-23-2005, 07:57 PM
How much of a favorite do you think you are on the river? I thought about 3-betted the river since you said is was very aggressive. If he's sane on the river then maybe a Checkraise wouldn't be all too great either.

flawless_victory
02-23-2005, 08:08 PM
checkraise the river. all other streets are well played. the turn bet-threebet is sweet.

arkady
02-23-2005, 09:35 PM
If he raises on the river, you are almost surely beat, but given his aggressive nature you cannot fold. Although who knows, he might very well have JJ-KK and thus feel justified in doing what he is doing. But he is also aggressive enough that he will surely bet the river for you even if he is beat and after a turn cap I would prefer to just see SD. I am not thrilled about the river bet personally.

Entity
02-24-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he raises on the river, you are almost surely beat, but given his aggressive nature you cannot fold. Although who knows, he might very well have JJ-KK and thus feel justified in doing what he is doing. But he is also aggressive enough that he will surely bet the river for you even if he is beat and after a turn cap I would prefer to just see SD. I am not thrilled about the river bet personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet and he folded. I'm not sure WTF he could have played like that.

Rob

arkady
02-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Part of the problem, sometimes imo, is in our endless mission to maximize all bets, we make correct and emotionally painful folds. Perhaps it could be beneficial at times to forego such folds (&amp; bets) to preserve one's emotional stability. But disregarding my aforementioned mumbo jumbo, perhaps it is wise to consider slowing down after a turn cap, after all, you only have a pair.