PDA

View Full Version : New IP address

jokerthief
02-23-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm trying to set up a new account at Intertops and for the first time the regedit hack doen't work. So I downloaded the software on a clean machine but still no go. So now I am assuming it's recognizing my IP address.

My question: If I sign up a dial up an account at Netscape or Net Zero in addition to my dsl account, will I have a new IP address when I use that service?

Benal
02-23-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I sign up a dial up an account at Netscape or Net Zero in addition to my dsl account, will I have a new IP address when I use that service?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES

shadow29
02-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Your IP address should change everytime you logon with DSL (I thought, anyway).

JackWilson
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
He'll be on the same subnet. Only the last number of his IP changes. Even so, I highly doubt that they would use such a method for discouraging multiple accounts. It could end up affecting people who've never had an account.

CountDuckula
02-23-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your IP address should change everytime you logon with DSL (I thought, anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how long you're logged off; the DHCP lease might not expire for several days. Also, if you use a router, the router may maintain the connection even when your computer is turned off (depending on how it's configured).

-Mike

jokerthief
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Could it be that Intertops servers are down? What happens is when I click Sign Up-Open Account, I get a IE page that says that it can't establish a connection to the server. I just tried the same thing on my main computer for multi-poker and I could at least get to the page where I input my info.

I set up a Pokernow account a couple months ago and when I went set up the account I got the typical message saying I already have an account on the party network. I got around it by uninstalling Party and re-doing the registry hack. At least that time I was able to submit my info.

Anyone know what the hell is going on here?

wbrumfiel
02-23-2005, 08:24 PM
It should happen with cable internet too right? The reason I ask is that I tried signing up after doing all the uninstall/regedit tricks and got the message that I have an existing account. Which is weird because I was successful with MultiPoker just last week. The only thing I did different there was change my email address. Should I change it again and re-signup? If so should I go through uninstalling and reinstalling Intertops that just got installed? Any help would rule as I really would like this bonus.

jokerthief
02-23-2005, 08:32 PM
When did you try to sign up for Intertops?

wbrumfiel
02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Just now. I got through the entire registration and then when I went to sign on it gave me the standard "you already have an account with a sister site" error

wbrumfiel
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Well it appears InterTops is smarter than MultiPoker as I did the regedit/clean computer fix and still can't register. Tried it again with a diff email addy and same result. I dont know what else to do. I guess I could head to my parents and try signing up there.

Douper
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
if you have a router, try plugging the clean computer directly to your modem and powercycle/reboot. that'll give you a new IP unless your ISP is a real pain.

wbrumfiel
02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
I just made the 10 minute drive to my parents and signed up there. Rather than having to reset everything and try again. I figure 30 mins total is well worth the $250 in bonuses

CrazyN8
02-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Some of you might also try opening the dos prompt and typing "ipconfig/release"......then "ipconfig/renew". This will renew your IP address. The only thing that I can figure is that they are keeping up with IP addresses. I have a dynamic IP address and have never had a problem with the party skins (knock on wood). I have pretty much all of the skins on my computer at the same time, too. I'm now computer expert though, so who knows?

SamJack
02-25-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you might also try opening the dos prompt and typing "ipconfig/release"......then "ipconfig/renew". This will renew your IP address. The only thing that I can figure is that they are keeping up with IP addresses. I have a dynamic IP address and have never had a problem with the party skins (knock on wood). I have pretty much all of the skins on my computer at the same time, too. I'm now computer expert though, so who knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite likely that when you ipconfig -renew that you will get the same ip address back. Unless you give a sometime, say a day.

SamJack