PDA

View Full Version : Miniblinds and bankroll

threeonefour
02-23-2005, 07:03 PM
4/8 limit holdem with 1 and 2 blinds...

what kind of bankroll would you want for this game? or more accurately, what would be the equivalent to a 300BB bankroll in a 4/8 limit holdem game with 2 and 4 blinds?

thirddan
02-23-2005, 07:07 PM
in a miniblind game...if you open limp is it 2 or 4 dollars? what about open raise, 4 or 6 or 8?

Sponger15SB
02-23-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4/8 limit holdem with 1 and 2 blinds...

what kind of bankroll would you want for this game? or more accurately, what would be the equivalent to a 300BB bankroll in a 4/8 limit holdem game with 2 and 4 blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a guess.....

Since you're going to be playing way more hands due to implied odds, you're going to want a pretty big bankroll. Something like what you would use for a normal $4/8 game.

threeonefour
02-23-2005, 07:21 PM
you can open limp for 2$ or raise to 6...

I would think this kind of game would favor the better player.
I would also think the winning player would have a lower SD. both of these would decrease the necessary bankroll requirements for a given ROR.

threeonefour
02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
couldn't you also play less hands since the blinds are less punishing.... think of the most extreme example... limit holdem with no blinds at all. how many hands would you want to play then?

Douper
02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
you'd want to play more hands as the implied odds would be so big, that is if you can limp.

Onaflag
02-23-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
couldn't you also play less hands since the blinds are less punishing.... think of the most extreme example... limit holdem with no blinds at all. how many hands would you want to play then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel bad about the hijack, but.....

I posted this in B&M and didn't get much interest so I let the thread die. The game I play in a small California cardroom here in town has NO blinds, so I can tell you firsthand what it's like playing in your extreme example of no blinds.

I would like to get other opinions on a game like this. It is 3/6. $4 on the button and the house takes that. No flop, no drop. What major differences would you make in your game?

Onaflag.............

Peter_rus
02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Are you kidding with no blinds you shouldn't play anything regardless AA.

threeonefour
02-24-2005, 01:27 AM
actually in TOP sklansky talks about how in a no ante razz game you shouldn't limit yourself to only playing A23 because you give away too much information.

at any rate, does anyone actually know if miniblind games have a lower SD or a higher win rate than their normal counterparts? Someone has to have played a couple hundred thousand hands of miniblind poker.

Peter_rus
02-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes you're right. You can extract positive EV in later positions with other hands when someone limps first in and you catch some odds to proceed.