PDA

View Full Version : Change of Style

skipperbob
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
I can get to the Step 5's from the S-2's (21 S-5's in 3 weeks)....I just can't cash in my share of them (6 ITM's)
I have a strong feeling that I play too tight when I get there & I would appreciate any help relative to "how" to find that out. I hope to get meaningful response from thoughtful posters like Lorinda, JCM, etc.; please no input from the "Stat" Police; if I wanted to keep stats, I'de get a job as a statistician /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

willie
02-23-2005, 06:16 PM
i don't think that that percentage is a bad one for step 5s.

a little shy of 30% itm rate against some really good players is just fine

i can't remember the itm rate that is expected of a good 200+15 player but it isn't +40 %

lorinda
02-23-2005, 06:20 PM
can't remember the itm rate that is expected of a good 200+15 player but it isn't +40 %

Remember step 5's pay four slots.

Lori

willie
02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can't remember the itm rate that is expected of a good 200+15 player but it isn't +40 %

Remember step 5's pay four slots.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

true but he did not clarify 2 table/one table. does the 1 table pay 4 slots?

skipperbob
02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
these are all single-tables....Yes, single-tables pay 4 spots also....Lorinda hits the nail on the head....the average S-5 player should ITM 40%

skipperbob
02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
My real question is: Is there a "good" way to tell if my play changes?....I'm inclined to just "believe" that I tighten-up (at all orifices) & need to work on that...Let me also say that the S-5's have to be an absolute feeding ground for the sharks

Big Limpin'
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
in the step 5's, you are pitting your 'A' game against other good players playing THEIR 'A' game.

at lower steps, you play against good player playing c+ to A- poker, and bad players whose A+ game can only help them so much.

Lowering expectations.

willie
02-23-2005, 07:40 PM
i know it's not a response you want to hear, but your sample size is pretty small

i suspect that if you play enough of them you will even out to your goal.

Post some HH because there is no way i can really just guess as to what is going wrong *if anything is even going wrong*

you can pm me the entire HHs if you have them, i'll read one or 2 over and throw in some ideas.