PDA

View Full Version : Too passive or too aggressive?

luckyplayer
02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Not sure whether I should have not bet out the flop, or if I should have bet through.

UTG is LPP.

Ultimate Bet 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.01.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

For some reason, the converter is not working so well with the ultimate bet histories. UTG called before I raised.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Big checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Again, I'm not sure what's going on with the converter, but
"Big" should be UTG.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Should I have bet here?
River: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Should I have bet here, or was backing off wise?

Final Pot: 5 BB

Thoughts? I've been studying WLLH for about a month now, so I am basically oblivious to SSH recommendations. WLLH tells me I should not bet my trash on the flop, and that I should check/fold once this board comes.

crownjules
02-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I'd bet the turn and fold to a C/R but hope villain just folds to facing a BB. If villain calls, just check the river. You have nothing but Ace high and any pair makes villain a winner.

djshawk
02-23-2005, 05:57 PM
I would also bet the turn, fold to a riase, and check the river.

WLLH is teaching you to be Tight/Weak, SSH will get you to work on your aggression, especially in more marginal situations. It sounds like you are ready to get stuck into it, especially if your instincts tell you to play hands like these more aggressively.

luckyplayer
02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would also bet the turn, fold to a riase, and check the river.

WLLH is teaching you to be Tight/Weak, SSH will get you to work on your aggression, especially in more marginal situations. It sounds like you are ready to get stuck into it, especially if your instincts tell you to play hands like these more aggressively.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely intend to become engulfed in SSH, but I'm not sure when would be the right time. I think about the game a lot but generally only play for 8-10 hours during weekends. Is there some point at which it becomes time jump into SSH and abandon weak tight WLLH ways?

hate
02-23-2005, 06:23 PM
right now

luckyplayer
02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
right now

[/ QUOTE ]

with ~1000 hands of UB .01/.02 under my belt? I wouldn't be better off gaining more experience?

tytygoodnuts
02-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I think you can handle SSH. But be prepared to really study. You just can't read SSH once and expect to win a lot. It takes a lot of time to understand.