PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a hand

MylesD
02-23-2005, 05:03 PM
This is my first post. Thank you for all the information I have already read.

$4,500 Prima MTT I am in 12th place with 15 players left, around 130 players started. Top 10 win $$$. I have around T$7,800 with AKos on the button. Blinds were $500/$1000.

UTG player, which is the short stack, goes all in for $2,200. Everyone folds and the cutoff calls (T$11,700). Since I am in need of some chips I decide to just call and see the flop. I am not worried about the UTG player, I suspect he has a small PP, some face cards or just a desperate cry for chips. The cutoff has been loose all night and I suspect he is playing the chip stacks not his cards.

My question is... Should I have re-raised the cutoff pre-flop with my AKos?

The flop was Ace, 4, 6 with no flush possibilities. Cutoff checks, I bet the pot. I decide that my chip position, the size of the pot and my reads make it a no brainer to push with TPTK at this point. Any pocket pair is a dog at this point. If anyone went with small pocket pairs or Ace (4 or 6) bless thier brave heart.

Cutoff re-raises me the last of my stack, and I am happy because I am sure he does not have a set.

The hole cards were:
UTG-AQos
cutoff-AJos
Hero-AKos.

I lost the hand on the turn and got knocked out.

Could I have done something differently? Should I have even been in the hand putting my chips at risk in the first place. I think the cutoff check-raised me thinking the same line I was thinking, I have the Ace and that beats both of these opponents PP.

Was this just a standard play that went bad?

David

MLG
02-23-2005, 05:07 PM
This is an easy push preflop. A good general rule is that if you have less than 10 big blinds, you should push or fold preflop.

willie
02-23-2005, 05:09 PM
reraise all in preflop.

Unparagoned
02-23-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't see how you could not push pre-flop, there's something like 6k in the pot when it gets to you and you are probably either going to be racing or dominate (though it's possible CO might have only called because he had AA or KK). Basically, there's no way you're getting away from this hand so just push.