PDA

View Full Version : "MuckedNot V.01b" (?) -- Beta Test

YoureToast
02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
(Cross-posted to Software forum due to new forum structure.)

I have developed a new application that will show the show downed mucked hole cards of the players at your Party Poker table immediately after a hand is completed. In essence, my application, known tentatively as "MuckedNot Beta V.01b", reads the available hand history log on each Party table and shows the cards held on the previous hand without having to read the hand history record.

I am looking for interested, serious beta testers to try out this very useful tool.

Please IM me if you are interested.

PS. Also looking for creative names to use instead of my pathetic choice.

Lost Wages
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
I like the idea but, frankly, I would prefer that it be integrated into PlayerView. Maybe you could contact them about providing it as an add-in.

Lost Wages

gila
02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PS. Also looking for creative names to use instead of my pathetic choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, Muck you!

Mobed
02-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Muck Off!(think about it)

Rudbaeck
02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Muck Off!(think about it)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it alot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

YoureToast
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
I've thought about that and I'll consider it.

YoureToast
02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
We could go all kinds of places with this.
"You're Mucked!"
"Muck it"
"Mother Mucker"

But I'd prefer to keep it PG rated. Maybe focus on the words "hole cards" -- but then again, I could see that creating a new series of problems.

gila
02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Mucked in the Hole

mmcd
02-23-2005, 11:37 PM
This will show all of the hands your opponents mucked?

How is this possible?

YoureToast
02-23-2005, 11:43 PM
This shows all the hands your opponents mucked after losing a showdown. This information is availble on PP already. I have just created a program that simplifies the process of actually seeing what these cards are.

mmcd
02-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Oh, I thought you somehow managed to design something so I could see what laydowns opponents made, hands that win w/o showdown, etc.

amirpc
02-24-2005, 12:55 AM
I actually have already coded this in my super secret testing version of PlayerView, whether it will be released is still up in the air. It is pretty sweet though.

YoureToast
02-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Amirpc, Why didn't you say something? You could have saved me some time. I use playerview and love it. I won't put any more effort in my product if you think this feature will be added to PV soon. It surely seems like a good integrated fit with PV.

My next project is to create a Party Poker "One-Click" feature. Basically, with one click, it will open Party, log in, register you for the waiting list on your favorite tables, sit down when a seat is available, wait until BB gets to you, autopost when it does, do it again for multiple tables if that is your preference (and again and again), load Poker Tracker, start the HH downloading engine, load PV, put the party tables in your preferred screen location, and load any other program you typically use when playing poker (I use excel).

Of course, if you have this in the works too, let me know so I don't waste my time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

mmcd
02-24-2005, 01:29 PM
wait until BB gets to you, autopost when it does, do it again for multiple tables if that is your preference

Change this to wait until the Cutoff gets to you, then auto post. Posting on your natural big is a big mistake. You come in out of position and the extra sb you post only pays for 2 hands.

YoureToast
02-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I never knew this. I guess you pay a penalty if you try to do this "after" you've been at the table, correct? Has this issue been discussed on these forums before?

Luv2DriveTT
02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually have already coded this in my super secret testing version of PlayerView, whether it will be released is still up in the air. It is pretty sweet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

U are such a tease!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

amirpc
02-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Its actually already coded in to PV theres nothing to add just whats going to get released and when is an issue.

And I didn't say anything about it because I had no idea you were coding it.

Yes I've done a lot of stuff that and even some stuff more advanced than that but it will never be released as all of that CLEARLY violates the PP ToS and I just can't be giving out software that could get someones account ganked.

YoureToast
02-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Of course, I was just kidding regarding telling me.
As for your other comment, was there anything I mentioned in my post that you think violates PP's terms and conditions?

amirpc
02-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Well I typed up this long huge post detailing methods of doing what you're suggesting and then decided I shouldn't post that.

Instead I'll say this. In order to turn off autopost you are directly interacting with the party poker client, unless you use some cheap mouse movement thing.

Figuring out when to turn off autopost isn't as easy as you might think it is. I have a feeling you're going to try to do it by using the HHF as a source of information. This doesn't work very well. Alternative methods are direct interaction with the table.

Direct interaction with the table is probably going to cause a fuss. People have posted e-mails and stuff where they asked about PV and Party said look its all ok as long as they aren't acquiring the information from the party table.

I'd elaborate but I'm sitting here in a towel and I've got class in 10 minutes.

Send me a PM if you'd like to go in to a more thorough discussion, I'm sure I can help bring some things to light. Especially since I've coded all of this before. My code will never see the light of day, however /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh also another thing thats preventing the lease of the PV version of the mucked cards display is that I don't have a royalty free set of card images. Its harder to find than it sounds, heh.

oscark
02-24-2005, 07:46 PM
I predict waiting list software will be a problem within the next 6 months. Imagine if someone built a program that put you on all waiting lists for a certain level, then when you are called, it decides whether to alert you depending on your buddy list/average pot size. If it doesn't meet your criteria, it rolls you on the list.

Waiting lists for all tables will be a mile long. The fish will all wonder what the hell is going on.

YoureToast
02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
At this point, I don't think the waiting lists on Party are updated fast enough for this to be a problem.

Jake (The Snake)
02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm still unclear. What exactly does it show?

Opponents folded hands when you win?
Opponents mucked hands when they win?

Also, how is this already available? So whatever this is is already in my pokertracker?

Jake (The Snake)
02-24-2005, 10:27 PM
nevermind, these are hands that lose at showdown and mucked.

correct me if im wrong.

YoureToast
02-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Correct.

stigmata
02-25-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wait until BB gets to you, autopost when it does, do it again for multiple tables if that is your preference

Change this to wait until the Cutoff gets to you, then auto post. Posting on your natural big is a big mistake. You come in out of position and the extra sb you post only pays for 2 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the case for 6-max tables! So this would have to be incoporated into the program.