PDA

View Full Version : Is PokerRoom down?

AncientPC
02-23-2005, 04:17 PM
The website was lagging / down earlier today but the tables were still going. Now even the tables aren't moving . . .

I can't log in either. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

royaltrux
02-23-2005, 04:22 PM
same here. Now what am I going to do at work since I can't play poker? Hmmmm.....

evil_twin
02-23-2005, 04:44 PM
It's down for me as well, been unavailable for a few hours now. Comforting to know it's not a problem at my end at least.

Oh well, Party it is then. Or perhaps I should finally deposit at UB? Those 50BB stacks at Party are mildly annoying.

Piers
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Just raised a lot of limpers with KJs. Would have won a monster pot, probably now just lost the small blind instead /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AncientPC
02-23-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm 24BB/100 over 300 hands at 2/4 limit, but the account page only shows the money I withdrew from my account to the tables. PokerRoom better not screw me over. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

evil_twin
02-23-2005, 05:12 PM
I notice that if I go to the website and click on the "Poker" tab they claim there are 2522 players currently online. Is there anyone who CAN get to the poker tables? I wonder if this number merely represents the people who were playing when it went down?

If you've got money locked up in a table I wouldn't be too worried. They've done that to me once before and it was right back in my account once they'd sorted the problem out. It's crap that the problem is happening at all of course, been a lot of it on PR lately.

Piers
02-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Just a random bit of advice. When you think a Poker sites sever has crashed while you are palying there, take a screen print of your games. Just some insurance in case things get difficult.

JackWilson
02-23-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a random bit of advice. When you think a Poker sites sever has crashed while you are palying there, take a screen print of your games. Just some insurance in case things get difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a nice idea, but I doubt it counts for much. Screenshots are not proof of anything since they're easily edited.

evil_twin
02-23-2005, 07:34 PM
It's not really the screenshot per-se that's useful. Just a record of all the players at the table, how much money they all had, and the last hand number (if it's there onscreen). That information is relatively useful to pinpoint the time/location of the problem if support need it, although you're right that in itself the screenshot won't cut it.

Pokerroom is back now of course. Been plenty of problems like this lately, and it's getting a bit frustrating, any PR support lurking care to comment?

lumpy19
02-23-2005, 08:53 PM
I emailed them about the constant locking up and received the cookie cutter "We're working round the clock to fix it and should be done soon" response.