PDA

View Full Version : Using time allowed in tournaments....

09-10-2002, 02:05 AM
This is not a problem only encountered at Pokerstars.
All online sites that run tournaments will have to address this issue. How to do so is up to each site (house rule).
My thoughts on this...
If there are no posted rules about using your time each hand, then is not 'illegal' to do so. I do believe that the purpose of
the allotted time is for connection purposes,
and not meant to be used as 'tool' or a strategy.
If a site does not want to allow the use of allotted time as
an aspect of the game, then they need to add a clause or tournament rule regarding the issue.
For those sites that really want to eliminate this practice,
something like...
"Any player that is thought to be abusing the allotted time per hand for the purposes of slowing or manipulating play,
will receive a warning. If abuse of allotted time continues, the player may risk disqualification and may be
deemed ineligible from competing in future tournaments."

If a site does not address this in the rules, then they are in essence saying that you can use your time each hand.
I would expect that we will see a rule addressing this at some point.

(MS...you could become immortal! and forever known in Cyber history for creating the Sunshine rule!)

09-10-2002, 05:32 AM
I think stars should have a rule about this. Starting hand for hand a little earlier, or punishing the people who are obviously slacking every hand would not be a bad idea. Sunshine and others who do this are a sad group of people, and ruin the game like badbeet said below.

twistedbeats
09-10-2002, 08:29 AM
This problem does not exist only online. it happens at b&m tourneys too. if i remember correctly, phil hellmouth wrote about chris fergeson doing this very thing during the wsop .

john
09-10-2002, 10:04 AM
What can become a reason for disqualification? Perhaps, some pros can sneer at my questions but I I'll try to play in Tourney on Sunrise-poker.com for the first time and I'd be very grateful if someone told me the difference of between tournaments and just poker.

Ryan_21
09-10-2002, 11:34 AM
...when thousands of jackoffs do the same thing everyday?

Ryan_21