PDA

View Full Version : Who's Laying 10 and Betting on Rams?

01-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Rams are 10 pt favs against the Pack. I guess the Rams are a lock.

01-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Why do you think they are a lock? When was the last time you saw Green Bay embarrass themselves in the play-offs? I don't think the Pack have much of a chance. But I think they can keep it within 10 points because they have the ability to hold on to the football for long drives with Ahman Green. Favre is also a big time quarterback. He has lapses of judgement in the regular season but is a tough, tough competitor in big games. The two things keeping the packers in check are a lack of quality receivers and the injury to Leroy Butler

01-14-2002, 10:10 PM
They are going to get beat badly I think. Pack has been miserable much of the year on the road and this is the ultimate road trip. I can't say I love laying 10 against a team with the backdoor potential of GB, but the playoffs are the one place I never mind laying big points when I think I am getting the superior team at home. If the Rams play the Bears next I will be on them. If they play the Eagles I might lay off because Philly is the one team I think that could at least keep it within range.

01-15-2002, 06:41 AM
Here in Vegas, the current line available on the Super Bowl is NFC -7. Anyone see any value here? If the Rams win the NFC (current odds of this around town range from 1/3 to 5/11), then won't the SB line be much higher?

01-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Two things to consider:

1) Favre's lifetime road turf stats are nowhere near as good as his road grass stats.

2) While playing all road playoff teams would have killed your bankroll over the past 20 years, road dogs of 4+ with exceptional pass offenses(> 61% completions) have held their own ATS-wise. Favre does fit in this category.