PDA

View Full Version : PP Blind level 3 play

shoeman
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
I was inspired by a previous post asking what was the most difficult blind level at Party Poker. I agreed with most that the 25/50 was the most difficult.

I play at the $10 tables and often find myself with 650-750 chips left by this point. I'm just not sure how to play hands such as KQ, AT, 99. I hate limping at this point for so much of my stack but I'm just not sure if these should be raised or not. At level 4, I would most likely push with any of these hands.

So, I'm going to ask a few general questions.

Let's assume you have a stack of 700. Blinds are at 25/50. Typical 10/1 SNG. 7 people remain.

1) How do you play KQ in Early Position? Mid Position? Late Position.

2) Same for AT or AJ?

3) How about mid pairs such as 88, 99?

4) Should your tight strategy be adjusted at all between this level 3 and levels 1/2?

curtains
02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
I hate dealing with so many questions at once, but one thing I'll tell you is that I'll never open limp in with any of these hands.

shoeman
02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hate dealing with so many questions at once, but one thing I'll tell you is that I'll never open limp in with any of these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither would I...which I guess is the point of the post.

At the 25/50 blind level, should I be open raising with these holdings or mucking? HOw much is this position dependent?

Bigwig
02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was inspired by a previous post asking what was the most difficult blind level at Party Poker. I agreed with most that the 25/50 was the most difficult.

I play at the $10 tables and often find myself with 650-750 chips left by this point. I'm just not sure how to play hands such as KQ, AT, 99. I hate limping at this point for so much of my stack but I'm just not sure if these should be raised or not. At level 4, I would most likely push with any of these hands.

So, I'm going to ask a few general questions.

Let's assume you have a stack of 700. Blinds are at 25/50. Typical 10/1 SNG. 7 people remain.

1) How do you play KQ in Early Position? Mid Position? Late Position.

2) Same for AT or AJ?

3) How about mid pairs such as 88, 99?

4) Should your tight strategy be adjusted at all between this level 3 and levels 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Fold in EP. In MP, raise to 3bb if first in, maybe limp if there are callers, and table is passive. Late, same as MP, but raise if the limpers are MP players.

2. AT I'd actually play slightly tighter than KQ. I have reasons for this, but that's another conversation. AJ I'd play much like KQ.

Too many variables for the pairs. I'm feeling lazy right now.