PDA

View Full Version : This post is all about GAY

Alobar
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm one of the people who use the word "gay" all the time when describing stuff negatively. "that movie was so gay" "dude, dont be so gay" etc etc. The arguments by several posters trying to convince jakethebake not to use the word anymore are very well put and make alot of sense, and make me want to change this aspect of myself.

However, I also agree with jakethebake, why should I stop doing something I do, just because people get all offended easily. I think Clark also hits the nail on the head in the avatar thread when he says "If there was a better word, I'd use that". I think thats the problem Im facing, is that there is no good synonym for the words "negative" meaning. There are just some things that are effing GAY. Even still tho, I think I have been persuaded to stop using that word, the bad outweighs the good, I will miss it tho /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Why hasnt the homosexual community started using some other word tho, since it obviously has such a big negative conotation attached to it. much the same way that the black community has several times changed the PC word to describe their "race".

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-23-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why hasnt the homosexual community started using some other word tho

[/ QUOTE ]
Because they're a bunch of gayrods.

SackUp
02-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Watch your mouth!

Battyboy is the proper word.

Sponger15SB
02-23-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why hasnt the homosexual community started using some other word tho, since it obviously has such a big negative conotation attached to it. much the same way that the black community has several times changed the PC word to describe their "race".

[/ QUOTE ]

All the gay people I know use the words gay to describe things all the time, they also use the word [censored] a lot to insult other gay people.

Also, from talking with them about the use of the word gay, they don't seem to mind too much that non gay people say things like "that movie was so gay"

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch your mouth!

Battyboy is the proper word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your new schtick is incredibly unfunny...partly because you're just not funny, and partly because you're like the 100th person to try it.

gaming_mouse
02-23-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think thats the problem Im facing, is that there is no good synonym for the words "negative" meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

The word doesn't seem offensive to me, but I think "lame" has a pretty close feel to its meaning. Also "retarded".

Paluka
02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
I agree, it is tough finding a word that fits the bill. I try to use "lame" instead. You can spice it up with a Simpsons reference, such as "pretty lame, Milhouse".

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The word doesn't seem offensive to me, but I think "lame" has a pretty close feel to its meaning. Also "retarded".

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it offend the retarts?

Eurotrash
02-23-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also "retarded".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why use somebody's orientation to describe something you find disagreeable when you can liken it to the mentally challenged?

BRILLIANT!

astroglide
02-23-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"pretty lame, Milhouse"

[/ QUOTE ]

that's gay

chaas4747
02-23-2005, 02:30 PM
I use retarded all the time. Sometimes I do feel bad and think to myself "what if this person's kid is a retard?". Does not stop me, but at least I think about it.

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"pretty lame, Milhouse"

[/ QUOTE ]

that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

AND retarted. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it offend the retarts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Does it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paluka
02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"pretty lame, Milhouse"

[/ QUOTE ]

that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

sfer
02-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Lame was also used very well as a noun in that bad Mamet movie.

Alobar
02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
lol, i feel bad for laughing cuz ive never met Evan, but that avatar location is effing hillarious

asofel
02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, i feel bad for laughing cuz ive never met Evan, but that avatar location is effing hillarious

[/ QUOTE ]

have to say 'me too'...