PDA

View Full Version : Absolute 25% hump day bonus, today.

gila
02-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Make of it what you will.

gila
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh, sorry, enter code, NET125. And it's up to $250.

splashpot
02-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Where? I don't see it on the website..

Turkish
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
It works, I did it 20 mins ago.

SharkBait
02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Most disgusting avatar ever...and its not even close.

Fat Nicky
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
ahhhh, i just puked

NoTalent
02-23-2005, 05:45 PM
JFC, get rid of the $hit immediatley FFS

Aukai
02-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Back to Absolute, but off topic: I just signed on yesterday, and am having weird problems.

I'll get disconnected from one table, and even if my others are playing just fine, I can't find any way to reconnect to the one table. Maddening.

Also, when taken off the waitlist, the new table doesn't come up as a new window, though it appears on my taskbar. It's just a phantom non-existent unviewable window. Maddening.

Any suggestions?

CountDuckula
02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Back to Absolute, but off topic: I just signed on yesterday, and am having weird problems.

I'll get disconnected from one table, and even if my others are playing just fine, I can't find any way to reconnect to the one table. Maddening.

Also, when taken off the waitlist, the new table doesn't come up as a new window, though it appears on my taskbar. It's just a phantom non-existent unviewable window. Maddening.

Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't had the 1st problem, but I have had the "phantom table" one. What I do is close the table from the taskbar, then reopen it from the main client. When I do that, the table appears as normal, and I get the message telling me to click on the open seat. I click OK on that message, click on the open seat, and I'm all set. IOW, the seat is still reserved for you, you just have to jump through some hoops to get to it.

-Mike

EDIT: PS - I've encountered another oddity since the last upgrade; when I exit Absolute, it seems to go away as it should, after tossing up the "Refer A Friend" splash. But then when I log off or shutdown XP, I get a box saying that Absolute Poker isn't responding, and I have to click "End Now" to continue logging off/shutting down. But when I open Task Manager right after closing Absolute, I don't see any sign of it in the Applications tab, and I don't recognize anything in the Processes tab as being part of Absolute. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Uglyowl
02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Where's the block image option when you need it... like Pokerstars where you can pick and choose who to block

absou1ut
02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Regarding absolute, how hard is it to clear the bonus'? Is it like party where every hand your dealt cards is counted as a "raked" hand or is it like UltimateBet where its only a raked hand when you put money towards the pot? Thanks in advance

CountDuckula
02-23-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where's the block image option when you need it... like Pokerstars where you can pick and choose who to block

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you can right-click on any player and check "Block image" as well as "Block chat".

-Mike

CountDuckula
02-23-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding absolute, how hard is it to clear the bonus'? Is it like party where every hand your dealt cards is counted as a "raked" hand or is it like UltimateBet where its only a raked hand when you put money towards the pot? Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not bad, as long as you play at tables where the rake reaches 25 cents frequently (i.e., 1/2 or above). They count any hand where you're dealt cards, even if you don't put any money in the pot. If you check "Sit out next hand", though, you won't get cards, and therefore won't get credit for a raked hand. I'm thinking Absolute releases the bonus in $10 increments as you're clearing it, but I could be confused.

-Mike

The-Matador
02-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Do Absolute bonuses stack?

I just signed up and I am wondering if I could use my new account bonus and then deposit another $1000 to get the $250 bonus as well.

peacemaker
02-23-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do Absolute bonuses stack?

I just signed up and I am wondering if I could use my new account bonus and then deposit another $1000 to get the $250 bonus as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have about $500 in my bonus account I may have to play there sometime.

TomBrooks
02-23-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, sorry, enter code, NET125. And it's up to $250.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi gila. What's that at: 25%? And anyone know how many hands required and how much time to clear it? And does one have to clear the sign up bonus before they start counting hands to NET125? I got to find out the deal on the sign up bonus too. Aaaiiieeee. I'm getting backed up w/ bonii and I just finished 1200 raked hands in 2 1/2 days for MultiPoker.

I don't even have an account there yet. I doubt if I can get one open and get enough $ through netteller in that amount of time. Hmm, maybe IGMPay? Would I have to start a new IGMPay account with them? I have one at Party already setup. Thanks, TomBk

gila
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey, IGM won't work at absoulute. The bonus is 25% up to 250, so, you need 1000 to get the full bonus. They release it in 10 dollar increments for every 100 raked hands. I believe you have 30 days to clear it, but if you, in that 30 days, clear 10 dollars (or one increment), then you get another 30 days.

p.s. the above info is only what I have heard on these forums before, i.e., don't hold me to it.

Shoe
02-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Darn... I just made a withdrawal from Absolute yesterday, and it hasn't hit my account yet. I'm hoping it gets their by tonight.

If site's were smart, they should give the bonuses to people who have a certain amount of money in their accounts already, that way they would save the neteller fees from everying withdrawing and re-depositing.

Deathbear
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use Firefox google for the AdBlock extension.

GMan42
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Well what I'm wondering is, what the hell is that actually a picture of? I'm assuming it's something from nature that just happens to look like...um...something else. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TomBrooks
02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...what the hell is that actually a picture of? I'm assuming it's something from nature...

[/ QUOTE ]Indeed, it looks like something that God and nature created for us to feast our eyes upon.

splashpot
02-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know when the bonus expires? My money is tied up at another site at the moment.

Shoe
02-23-2005, 11:44 PM
It expires at midnight tonight (eastern time)