PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sites List

09-09-2002, 11:06 PM
A couple sites I think all new and current players should stay away from.

1. Propoker-- Site uses bots that have knowledge of other players hole cards. The bots use this information to wipe out your bankroll in a matter of hours. Do not be fooled by their lucrative deposit bonus as you won't win. This can be verified by 95 percent of 2+2 ers that have played there

2. Dynamite poker: Virtually free of any promotions besides the two freerolls each day. Poor software, slow connections, Poor graphics. Lack of any real player place.

3. UB2.COM* This site has been labled as being a possible illegal MLM. Stay away from this site if you live in the U.S as being a member can constitute running an internet cardroom in The U.S which is illegal.
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif
4. Poker Cosmo--No worries site is not on the net anymore

That's all for now please add your comments to this thread

BBill
09-09-2002, 11:31 PM
Rater, geez, I hope I don't get on your bad side, my reputaion couldn't take it. I've got enough to worry about as it is. As per your list -
site #1 - no comment
site#2 - (Dynamite) absolutely disagree - great site to play cards and have fun, best customer service on the net (how many sites allow you to chop at the end of a tourney, live pit boss at all times)
site#3 - (UB2) I thought this was just UB with a different front end - guess I don't know enough about it.
BBill

happyjaypee
09-10-2002, 02:53 AM
Pokerstars allows split prize money.

n1stunnor
09-10-2002, 04:11 AM
So does ACR.

Mark
09-10-2002, 06:08 PM
#1 ProPoker - Agree, add PokerGold to the list of bot sites

#2 DynamitePoker - Disagree, great site, great service. Enjoy playing tournaments there, just wish they would have tournament buy-ins as large as PokerStars.

#3 UB2 - Unsure, I Play a lot on UltimateBet and enjoy the atmosphere. Not sure how UB2 fits into the picture. But if you can save money, why not?

#4 - Unsure, had their icon on my desktop, just moved it to the recycle bin. Should I be un-installing the software?

GrannyMae
09-10-2002, 07:10 PM
add PokerGold to the list of bot sites

i'm not sure if i agree with this. if they ARE bots, then they are NOT cheating bots, and therefore beatable.

i beleive it is simply alot of props (they officially called them "investors" when i asked)

Rater
09-10-2002, 07:36 PM
Based on many responses, and time spent reviewing the sites, I find the following:
ProPoker - bots
DynamitePoker - nice site, players are friendly and enjoy playing there
UB2 - well worth trying, all internet poker is in a gray area so any illegal comments are out of line
PokerCosmo - it's gone, enough said

Please stay tuned for more informed reviews

09-11-2002, 01:44 AM
Ok for all the slow people out there. UB2 Is an MLM where you refer people to play online poker. By referring people to play online poker you are acting as an operator for that site. Acting as an opertator for internet gambling IS ILLEGAL IF YOU LIVE IN THE U.S..But hey I dont really care..sign up for it and when you get in trouble dont say someone didnt warn you.
NUFF SAID.

jek187
09-11-2002, 05:16 AM
I would concur w/Granny. They do seem more like props than bots, more often then not I can strike up a convesation w/any one of them. Of course, there could be some guy in a security room typing for them. If so, he does a good job of mixing up typing styles.

However, now that you mention the word investor, I think that's possible as well. While the alleged props play very tight, it doesn't seem like they're really out to get you. I haven't seen anyone try to bluff me, and I've haven't been been check-raised even once yet. They bet if they have a hand, check-call, or very rarely raise on the flop from LP. Also, I have never been raised on the turn or river. Occasionaly they'll semi-bluff the flop, but if their card doesn't come they won't bluff again and will often fold to a turn bet or flop raise. One time I was HU on the river and checked, the prop/investor/bot checked behind me. He had the stone cold nuts.

The bottiest thing I've seen is an UTG limper folding to a button raise. This happens fairly regularily. But overall, I think I actualy believe that they're investors since they seem to be playing merely to create a full game, and not to win money from their customers. Although very weak tight props or bots w/a few people monitoring conversations is possible as well.

Once a jek, always a jek.

GrannyMae
09-11-2002, 04:19 PM
While the alleged props play very tight, it doesn't seem like they're really out to get you. I haven't seen anyone try to bluff me, and I've haven't been been check-raised even once yet. They bet if they have a hand, check-call, or very rarely raise on the flop from LP. Also, I have never been raised on the turn or river.

jek, i have experienced all of this as well.. i have NEVER been beaten by an inferior hand there either.. in other words, i have never seen a player cold call raises with garbage.. one of the things i have always liked about pokergold was the fact that there were NO maniacs (made it kinda scary too tho)

and talk about a buch of wusses.. 3 bet ANYTHING, and all but the stone colds will fold, GUARANTEED....

very solid players, which, IMO, makes it a very beatable site..

BE PAITENT!!

good luck
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif