PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find the search post

aargh57
02-23-2005, 01:09 PM
I apologize in advance for asking but I'm frustrated trying to find stuff on the search function. I know there is a post that helps with this but I can't figure out how to search for "search". I type in search -re but I haven't been able to find it. Why does the engine put up posts for the search you did that don't have the word that you searched for in the thread. It seems like its just listing the same posts as if I just clicked the applicable forum. Any help would be appreciated.

daveymck
02-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I cant work it neither but say you want all the party poker reload threads if you put in

+party +reload

it will only bring back threads with both those words in it.

But if it doenst work too well dont blame me.

Dangergirl
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
You can also use quoation marks to bring back an exact value. For example if you want to search threads containing only party reload in the subject, first make sure the subject only box is checked and type the following in the search: "party reload". This will search for titles with exactly party reload in them.

aargh57
02-23-2005, 02:09 PM
How about if I don't want all the replys. If I type "search" with the quotes it works but I get all the replys. If I type in "search" -re I don't get any replies but then it's the same as if I just typed it without quotes (in other words it gives me just a whole bunch of posts that have nothing to do with the word I was searching for to begin with.)

Dangergirl
02-23-2005, 04:34 PM
What are you searching for? And what do you mean by you are typing search?

aargh57
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Sorry, a little confusing. I am actually searching for the word "search" in the title of the post. The word doesn't really matter though. The problem is the same no matter what I search for.

Pov
02-23-2005, 05:09 PM
+search -re

in subject

That works for me.

aargh57
02-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Thank you very much.