PDA

View Full Version : Going for over calls

prrthd
02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm just wondering if this is a good place to try and get overcalls. The board is non-threatning and with 3 players to act and no draws on the board I figured I was way ahead.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls....

DyessMan89
02-23-2005, 01:10 PM
I would have played it the same way.

sy_or_bust
02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Definitely standard.

gopnik
02-23-2005, 01:38 PM
small pot, ragged board. Not much to protect.
Go for overcalls.

VBM
02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and say that if you do this, you're letting potential SB, BB, UTG+2 backdoor straights &amp; flushes draw cheap on the turn and committing them to the river if they've turned something that improves their hand.

you will have boat outs of course, but just something to keep in mind.

chaz64
02-23-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
small pot, ragged board. Not much to protect.
Go for overcalls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

If there had been a pre-flop raise (larger pot), I think I raise the flop. Would anyone still go for overcalls then?

Entity
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and say that if you do this, you're letting potential SB, BB, UTG+2 backdoor straights &amp; flushes draw cheap on the turn and committing them to the river if they've turned something that improves their hand.

you will have boat outs of course, but just something to keep in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You want those hands to call, not fold.

This is a textbook slowplay situation.

Rob