PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic bracelet

Zoltri
02-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking of buying one for some daily aches and pains.
Does anyone have one?
Do they work?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Placebo

Alobar
02-23-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have one?
Do they work?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are even considering this, has caused me to lose respect for you

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but make sure you get the original one that Arnold Palmer wears, not some cheap knock-off.

Sweaburg
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have one?
Do they work?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends....is Party fixed?

2planka
02-23-2005, 03:26 PM
You're joking, right?

The FDA slapped injunctions on several websites marketing these ridiculous items. Any contrivance that purports to treat or cure a disease/condition (pain)or modify a body structure is regulated as a medical device. As such, its claims need to be substantiated and validated and it is subject to FDA jurisdiction. That's why there's a noticeable lack of substance in the more recent ad campaign for these silly things These bracelets are modern snake oil, nothing more.

Spend your money on tylenol if you have aches and pains.

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Placebo.

adamstewart
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Placebo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, not true.

Tylenol (acetominophin) is a central COX inhibitor. It is an analgesic (blocks pain) and antipyretic (reduces fever). (Although the exact mechanism of action is unknown).

The "placebo effect" cannot be disregarded though - as it applies to essentially any medical prodecure/intervention/medication/etc.

Adam

adamstewart
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Placebo

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Placebo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, not true. Tylenol (acetominophin) is a central COX inhibitor. It is an analgesic (blocks pain) and antipyretic (reduces fever). (Although the exact mechanism of action is unknown).

The "placebo effect" cannot be disregarded though - as it applies to essentially any medical prodecure/intervention/medication/etc. Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious you need one of these.... (http://www.sarcasmdetector.com)

...if not, I do. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adamstewart
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
It appears *my* sarcasm meter was broken, or at least your sarcarm signals were unregisterable. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You have to admit, though.... there was no way to tell from your original post if you were being serious or not....

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Adam

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It appears *my* sarcasm meter was broken, or at least your sarcarm signals were unregisterable. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You have to admit, though.... there was no way to tell from your original post if you were being serious or not....

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

If the magnetic bracelet doesn't work, try a copper one.

OhBoy!
02-23-2005, 04:01 PM
My mom has a bunch of these lying around the house and in her car. I'm not sure if it's the same type you're talking about but it's one of those therapeutic bracelets that helps relieve aches on your joints and muscles. From what she says, it works.

Seriously tho, stretching exercises may help you a lot. Do some research online, there's a bunch of info out there that should help you.

BusterStacks
02-23-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have one?
Do they work?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends....is Party fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh