PDA

View Full Version : Im going to Vegas tomorrow! Advice?

Obliky
02-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Well im flying all the way from England to Vegas tomorrow (a nice 11 hour flight!) and im planning to play some poker when im over there.
Im going to give the NL 1/2 $100 max buy-in cash tables a go, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good card room or give me some general advice about playing poker in Vegas.

I know this post should probably go into the B&M Cardrooms forum but this is my regular forum...and i am playing Small Stakes holdem in Vegas so at least theres some kind of link...

Thanks

Obliky

Ghazban
02-23-2005, 12:41 PM
I've only played the 1/2 NL at Excalibur and the 2/4 NL at Mandalay Bay. Both were very beatable and actually had some of the same players. I like the MB game better overall but the Excalibur is often stated as one of the softest in town.

Outside of personal experience, I've heard the games at the Aladdin and at Bally's are similarly structured and also quite soft. Do a search in the B&M forum for Vegas NL and you'll probably find more detailed comments.

Spooky
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Don't forget to take your 9mm just incase someone tries a string bet on you...

On a serious note, someone I know posted this a little while back:
[ QUOTE ]
Alladin has a 1/2 game with a $100 buy in.
Palms is the same as Alladin
Both are kinda fishy. Idiots who love the words "all-in" and "call" when used close together.

My friend liked the Bellagio 2/5 NL game, it has a $200 min/max buy in.

I would stay away from the Horseshoe during the week, very sharky. But they have 1/2 with a $100-$200 buy in.

Stay away from Mandalay Bay, the dealers are a bunch of cranky old farts. And they have some weird rules about holding chips in your hand; blinds in their limit games are weird too. That place just annoyed me.

If you need a good laugh, go up to the Sahara and look at their "poker room" (at least thats what they call it) You'll understand when you get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim
02-23-2005, 12:51 PM
http://www.allvegaspoker.com/