PDA

View Full Version : sng's hourly rate

prunch
02-23-2005, 12:33 PM
hi, this is my first time posting. Ive been playing party's sng's (5+1) for about a month now, started of quite poorly but i'm making steady progress now. ive been reading these forums constantly aswell along with the theory of poker by sklansky (about 20 times). I havent been keeping track of my hourly rate, but i was just wondering those of you which hav a nice hourly rate ($10-$20) at the sng's, what buy-in's do u take part in and how many would you play at a time. any feedback would be great.

El Maximo
02-23-2005, 01:11 PM
I think anyone who reads these boards and puts some effort into their game could easily make $10/hr 2-3 tabling the 10s. And you could get close to the $20/hr range 4 tabling the 10s.

faquewdikhed
02-23-2005, 01:22 PM
A $10 player with a 45% roi????

se2schul
02-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I used to make about $12/hr 4-tabling the 10's. I'd do this while watching movies and whatnot. Recently, I've put serious effort into improving my game. I'm now 2-tabling the $22s with good success after about 100 games. My ITM and ROI are both over 40% so far (but this is likely to change), giving me just under $25/hr (NOTE: this is only after 100 $22s, so it likely isn't sustainable).

People can make good enough hourly rates to live off. The other day, I was playing a 2+2er who makes his living 4-tabling the $22s.

Right now, I'm focusing on improving the quality of my play by only 2-tabling and not watching movies while playing. Once I've learned more, I plan on increasing the number of tables to 4 or 8, which will decrease my ROI, but hopefully increase my hourly winnings.

There are some truly successful players on here at the high limits that make a killing. I'm very envious and aspire to play like them one day.

As for starting out, I had to start in the $5s like you. I'd recommend getting out of there ASAP and into the $10s. You will be paying a lower percentage vigourish and that should help increase your ROI immediately. Also, be very mindful of your bankroll. There are fabulous players that play buyins beyond there bankroll and get into all kinds of trouble.

Good luck,
Steve