PDA

View Full Version : Limping UTG in 20/40

BigSkiRace
02-23-2005, 12:15 PM
What can you limp UTG with if anything, I have never limped UTG in 10/20 and up...but recently I have seen a couple of old timers do it in the 10/20 and 15/30 with AA and KK althogh I think it's really dumb doing it I got caught once or twice in the bb checking....hitting top pair ramming and jaming bc of flush draw and running into AA or KK against my Jacks or the board pairing and me hitting a crappy two pair on the flop....Is there any time when you can limp UTG, other times I have seen it with not a very good player and you get that "Did he just limp UTG, from the guy next to you thats a solid player" Thoughts

Gamblor
02-23-2005, 12:52 PM
My favourite open limp hands in okay-to-tough games are KQo and AJo although AJo will get mucked far more often than not.

GreywolfNYC
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
I've posted on this topic before and I always enjoy getting flamed for it. I don't open-limp. Ever.
Your flaming repies are eagerly awaited.

TStoneMBD
02-23-2005, 01:51 PM
things change from game to game of course, but in general ill limp in UTG with ATs, A9s, suited broadway, KQo. i will sometimes raise or limp with 77 and AJo, and ill limp with pairs under 7 and smaller suited aces in the best of games. i will also limpreraise AA KK QQ and AK on ocassion when the game is very aggressive.