PDA

View Full Version : 200+15 Hand

David100
02-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I am trying a few different plays this week. Already tried supersystems agressiveness but it really buggered me up ( i prob don't have it quite right).

Normally i try to protect pf with JJ, but this time i limped. It is Easy to get away with if an over card comes, if u hit, u can hit big and cruise through, but it also allows people to draw out on you. Does this have a positive EV?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2245)
UTG+1 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
MP2 (t970)
MP3 (t975)
Hero (t915)
Button (t925)
SB (t895)
BB (t1075)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, Button calls t15, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t87.50) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t80</font>, Button calls t80, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (t247.50) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t247.50) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t247.50

In defence of post flop, i gave him a 9Ts, TJ-TA. That meant if he had 9Ts he had 9 outs which on the river = a 19.6% chance, and with the TJ-TA 5 outs = 10.9%.
I did not think he had a set. or flush draw.

Flame away.

David

wiggs73
02-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I would have 1) raised PF and 2) bet again on the turn. I don't like limping with JJ because it's so difficult to play it for set value only. It also ranks to be the best hand pre-flop so I like raising with it. This is a hand that is definitely a LOT easier to play postflop with few opponents.

kamrann
02-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Yep. While in general I think limping with JJ is fine, especially when the blinds are very low, I don't really like it in this case. Most importantly, you really don't want too many players seeing a flop. Plus a raise will likely buy you the button, and the failure to do so appears to have made the hand difficult for you as it turns out. I'd favour putting in a reasonable raise here but not so big everyone puts you on a big pair, maybe 4 or 5 times the BB, mostly just to thin the field.

By limping in this spot you are really reducing the hand's value to that of any pair, just looking to flop a set, but with the added drawback that you may get involved and into trouble if you dont.