PDA

View Full Version : First pocket kings

thesharpie
02-23-2005, 08:54 AM
I just got pocket kings cracked twice at Pacific Poker .25/.50, both were one hand away from each other. Anyway, I'll make a seperate post for the other one so it's easy to know which one we're discussing.

Hero is MP1 with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif (10 handed)

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, both blinds and original limpers call

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (7 handed) 15 SB

Blinds and UTG check, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls

turn is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 handed) 9.5 BB

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, BB calls

River is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 handed) 12.5 BB

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, BB folds

Final pot is 14.5 BB (2 handed)

I have to stay with this hand til the river, right? Is the flop raise correct?

BatsShadow
02-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm fairly new around here too. I think the flop raise was good. Once the obvious straight falls and UTG+1 bets again, I guess you have to figure he has the straight, a 2nd pair, or at the least the Ace. The other guys around here who know what they are talking about are gonna complain that you don't have a read on him, though.

I think that folding the turn is probably the right play, but I don't know what I would've done in your situation.

ArturiusX
02-23-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't like the turn bet.

TwoShedsJackson
02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I fold the turn against typical passive players. With 3 to a straight, two flush draws and an Ace on board there are a lot of cards you don't want to see on the river, and with the large amount of any-Ace types you run into online, there's a high chance you're behind.

Considering you did call I wouldn't fold for one bet on the river when it's a brick like the 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif but you'll barely be good 1 in 13.5 here.

thesharpie
02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero didn't bet the turn.

Do you mean you don't like the villain's bet as it looks like he's got me beat, or did you misread it and thought I bet?

parappa
02-23-2005, 09:59 AM
I think he meant he didn't like the turn call, at least that's my opinion. I'd fold the turn.