PDA

View Full Version : HU in the blinds (2/2): KJ No Pair

Jeff W
02-23-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm having a hard time showing down marginal hands post flop. I think this is part of a larger problem with playing no-pair and low pair hands out of position.

My opponent is very aggressive post flop. I haven't seen him show down many hands, but he is playing about half of his hands pre flop and half of those for a raise.

My main question is: With a marginal hand that misses the flop, what should my post flop plan be?

I feel like I should be betting the flop to induce my opponent to fold if possible, but I wonder if I should start trying to get to showdown with hands like this once I'm called on the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Jc, Kh.
3 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Ts, 6c, Th (2 players)
Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7s (2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises...

ISF
02-23-2005, 12:28 PM
With king high i will generally always bet the turn here, as your hand has little showdown value. Against some very aggro opponents I would check the turn call the river with a big ace here.

witeknite
02-23-2005, 12:39 PM
If your hand was A-high, I might call down just to get a read on what he'll raise the turn with in this situation. With the hand you have though, I'd really want to dump this. If he has Q high and gets you to fold K high, good for him. He'll try something like that again and you can snap it off with A high or better. If he has A high or any pair, you only have 6-outs in a small pot. You took a shot and it didn't work out. Don't sweat it.

WiteKnite

cornell2005
02-23-2005, 01:29 PM
easy fold at 5/10. just keep a mental note and watch out for it next time

Jeff W
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the input, guys.

I guess these hands are never as bad as they seem. I always post in the morning after 6-8 hour sessions+4 hours of schoolwork before I go to bed and I've noticed that I'm usually in a bad mood at that time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif