PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded S&G question

3rdEye
02-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Last night my buddies and I decided to play a 4-handed winner-take-all NLHE s&g. Eventually, I got heads-up with a slight chip lead. My friend and opponent is the most knowledgeable of my friends vis-a-vis NLHE, and he understands the importance of aggression when heads-up; more importantly, he knows that I play aggressively when heads-up.

We each have about T3000 (blinds are 50/100), and I limp with Q4 of hearts on the button (so much for aggression, eh?). The flop comes 5 6 8 with 2 hearts. He checks, I bet 150, and he calls. The turn brings a 4, and he bets 300 into me.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. He knows I'm aggressive, and if he had a straight, I was pretty sure he'd checkraise me rather than betting out, under the assumption that I'd bet any turn card. I had a very strong feeling, however, that he had the straight, despite the fact that I thought it was fishy that he would bet into me on the turn. I figured that there was about a 25-30% chance that he was trying to push me off one or 2 pair with a bluff on the turn, and 70-75% chance that he had a straight.

My question is, given my read and my pot/implied odds, should I have made the call with a pair and a flush draw?