PDA

View Full Version : JTs, how to handle top pair on turn?

dblgutshot
02-23-2005, 07:57 AM
I am playing live 4/8. All these games play like micro limit but I'll just put it here anyways.

Villian is pretty agressive with his hands so I put a wider range of hands on him compared to most of the loose passives at the table.

Hero is SB with T /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP calls, VILLIAN raises, cutoff coldcalls, button cold-calls, HERO calls, BB folds, the rest call.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

What should I do here? I consider checkraising to 'buy outs from hands such as QT or KJ or KT hands, but I figure I'm in a good position to simply bet out and build the pot.

Hero bets, 2 calls, Villian raises, cutoff folds, button coldcalls, I 3-bet, everyone calls, Villian caps, everyone calls.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

What is my line for the rest of the hand?

What range of hands are you putting Villian on?

Grease
02-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Does the villian necesarily have an overpair here? If you think he does, I would check and call, because he will not lay it down, and I'm not sure if there's enough value in your hand. You do have 5 two pair/trip outs, and 9 flush outs, which is 14/45 or 1/3, so there may be value for every bet put in, but that's assuming no higher flush draw (could happen) and your two pair outs are clean (pretty likely). I would probably check and hope for the best. If he bets, you have definite odds to call, but if he checks, you get a free shot.
Note: This is all assuming you think has has an overpair. If he gets frisky with AK, 99 or TT, you must definitely lead out.

private joker
02-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Don't forget he also has 4 clean gutshot outs (a 9), though it's possible that's to a chop if another T is out there. I like Hero's equity here, and I wouldn't mind a bet on this turn. I'd just call a raise though, because that means Villain has AA or KK. He could also have AK of spades, but that's unlikely.