PDA

View Full Version : JJ out of position misplayed every street?

Chris Daddy Cool
02-23-2005, 07:33 AM
7 handed 5/10 UB

Villian in this hand has me coverd with 1500. I have 900.

Villian opens for 40 in MP. the button calls. I call in the SB with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif BB folds.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet 100. Villian calls. Button folds.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. Villian bets 225. I call.

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. Villian pushes. I fold.

youngin20
02-23-2005, 07:54 AM
reraise preflop. bet more on the flop. why check the turn? right now you have no idea where you are at. the reason you dont know is because you didnt play aggressive enough...at least thats what i think.

HoldEm_Hero
02-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Flop if fine.( I might try a check raise on flop though too deppending on if you think he might bet if you dont) Turn is awful, I would check-raise the turn and fold to a re-raise and check fold that river depending on your read. I suspect he had AK or KQ. Anyways GL. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Utah
02-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Turn check is horrible. Why did you check here? You just gave up the initiative and you let the villian possibly take a free draw. I would have fired the pot and probably folded to an allin raise expecting 10,10 - A,A.

If I fired the turn and got called I would likely check the river.

Post-Oak
02-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Jesus, you would think JJ was the holy nuts reading some of these replies.

Do not reraise preflop. You played it right.

Betting out on the flop is fine.

I don't like the check call on the turn. If you are willing to call 225 there, then bet out (and fold to a raise). Usually I would check-fold. Check-call I really hate.

Voltron87
02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Bet/checkraise the turn. PF and flop are fine.

fsuplayer
02-23-2005, 05:08 PM
preflop and flop are perfect.

fold the turn.

unless he is awful, you have 2 outs here.

etizzle
02-23-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree with preflop and flop as well.

Against some players I think betting and folding to a raise on the turn is correct. Without a read I check and fold.