PDA

View Full Version : Are people that stupid?

rt1
02-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Party 30+3 multi

Blinds are 800/1600 on the bubble, literally, 1 person left till the money.

BB does not have enough to cover the blind. He is all in.
MP3 has 10 chips. He pushes all in.
The SB size has them covered, so the SB is ‘all in’ as well.

MP3 flips up AA.

I don’t remember the flop/turn/river, but in the end the SB won with a rag straight. I couldn’t stop laughing for about ten minutes. I seriously almost pissed my pants. Sorry for the stupid post, but I just had to share it.

sthief09
02-23-2005, 06:39 AM
what's wrong? he was thinking about 1st place? if he won that, he'd have 30!!!!!1111111

drewjustdrew
02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
What does 10 chips mean? 10X the big blind?

I don't see a problem with this. There is no mistake in that person's play. You should not care at this stage of the game if a short stack survives an all-in, just because it is the bubble, unless you only have enough to cover the blinds yourself.

augie00
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see a problem with this. There is no mistake in that person's play. You should not care at this stage of the game if a short stack survives an all-in, just because it is the bubble, unless you only have enough to cover the blinds yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 chips, as in 1/160th of the big blind. As in, double up 10 times just to put in one big blind. Putting your last 10 chips in here is a mistake no matter how you slice it.

theantelope
02-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Donkey dackler?

yecul
02-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Would his money have been anted off the next hand?

But yeah, at that point, just surviving to the money would be an accomplishment with 10 chips. If no antes then fold until the blind comes, crossing your finger that someone else busts.

Then again, AA will win a lot of the time... and tripling up is appealing, no? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

drewjustdrew
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10 chips, as in 1/160th of the big blind. As in, double up 10 times just to put in one big blind. Putting your last 10 chips in here is a mistake no matter how you slice it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he truly did have T10, then I agree, he must fold.

I was confused when the OP said that he "pushed all-in". I usually consider a push to be a raise of some sort. After rereading it, I think you are right, since the SB didn't have to call a sizeable raise.

Stoneii
02-23-2005, 12:41 PM
the BB is already with someone that is forced all-in - that's the reason he has to fold - chances are BB will bust and he rides his 10 chips to a payout