PDA

View Full Version : Is Poker Room 3/6 ever soft? It was a rockfest tonight . . .

AncientPC
02-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Average 18% VP$IP across 4 tables, despite Poker Room stats claiming "57% seeing flops".

I suck at rockfests too, dropped 100BB in about two hours. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The latest reload bonus probably has a lot to do with it too . . .

goodguy_1
02-23-2005, 06:25 AM
pokerroom ring games blow ass.I have $650 in pending bonuses there and I never play there.Dont know why I just did the latest 30% bonus either.I agree- its been like that for the last year.

lefty rosen
02-23-2005, 07:20 AM
They used to have good games during the day if a bunch of housewives hit the table. Table averages were in the mid 50's a good rounder would crush these games. But alas the birds were cooked and those games are gone. That site is hit and miss when it comes to soft games above 1/2.

cjromero
02-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I can't speak for 3/6, but I have been spending a lot of time at Poker Room the last month clearing a signup bonus. I found the 2/4 games, for the most part, to be pretty soft, with a good number of loose, passive players. There are 2/4 tables that have more rocks, but given that the preflop stats and pot size information is readily available, those tables are fairly easy to avoid.

Having said all that, the games were noticeably tighter last night, which is probably no coincidence given the reload bonus that was announced yesterday.

junkmail3
02-23-2005, 10:59 AM
3/6 has no table selection (not that 2/4 is much better). But I've been playing there recently and have found the 2/4 game very soft most nights.

I tend to be killing the game lately. I admit I had great cards, but I ran up 75 BB in about an hour and a half on one table last week. Great hands and a ton of calling stations.

I can't complian about Pokerroom right now. 2/4 seems soft to me right now.

Wyers
02-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Was playing two tables of 2/4 last night and found the play incredibly tight. At one point I had AA in EP on one table and AKo in EP on the other. Raised both hands - both were folded all around and I picked up the blinds. Guess I'll be limping in with those hands tonight... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I only play PokerRoom when they offer reloads - maybe the tables were full of us bonus whores. Not complaining though as I finished up 22 BB - attributed more to a decent run of cards towards the end of my session.

junkmail3
02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'll be limping in with those hands tonight... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Wyers
02-23-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'll be limping in with those hands tonight... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="black"> No. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No?

No kidding.

I did play against a Junkmail last night at PR 2/4...??

junkmail3
02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
then you played against me. If your name is the same on there I may have played you in a few tournies as well.

If I played bad last night, it was the alcohol playing! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I was so bored playing last night. I had 2 2/4 tables going (was up and down on them, up for a while on one, down for a while on the other, then even)

1 PLO going. Down on that.
1 $25NL going. Up 4 buyins on that, and was playing 4 handed because I didn't want to give up my stack.

What's your name on there? Were you at table ... hell, I don't remember the names of the tables. But I also raised AA in LP and got the blinds on one table. I was stealing several pots off that table.

I also recognize Lefty from a while back, maybe three years agoish? I saw him every day when I played, always sitting down overrolled for the table ... like $350 at a 1/2?

Sarge85
02-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Given the recent reload, my guess is the games are filled with a bunch of 2+2 bonus whores at the moment. Give it a couple weeks and revist.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

theredwave
02-23-2005, 12:56 PM
I also just started to play at Pokerroom 2/4. Was there yesterday afternoon, and late last night to earn about 200 points and made about $160. The games in the afternoon definitely seemed softer than the games at night, which was unusual.

Wyers
02-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Likely we played at the same table - can't remember the names but I think the two I was playing both started with a "B". Regardless, I'm fairly certain it was you.

I use the same name on Pokeroom as I use here. It was my first poker account so I wasn't very creative with the whole name selection thing /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All of my Party and Crypto handles are different...

I'll probably be on tonight as I'm trying to work my way through this bonus. Maybe I'll run into you at the tables this evening.

Wyers

kdog
02-23-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the recent reload, my guess is the games are filled with a bunch of 2+2 bonus whores at the moment. Give it a couple weeks and revist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly! Game selection is a little more important on this site than some of the others I think. It's hard to find more than 2 or 3 good 2-4's so I've been mixing in some of the better 1-2's. Get on the lists for the better games and spend a few minutes playing less than 4 tables while you wait for them. It's worth it.

I do wish they'd enlarge the advanced action buttons though. Damn, those things are small at 16x12.

lefty rosen
02-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Buddy I used to crush those games. Are you the junkmail who was going to university at the time?

toman8r
02-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Yesterday there was a 53/29, a 52/21, a 42/19, and a 43/30 in the $50/100. They took 25 big bets from me.

AncientPC
02-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Heh, I barely have the skill level to play 3/6. After last night's folly I dropped down to 2/4 to work on my limit game at a cheaper price.

The 2/4 tables do seem a bit better than the 3/6 tables, plus I'm not used to the 1/3 blind structure.

junkmail3
02-25-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buddy I used to crush those games. Are you the junkmail who was going to university at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

This response is a little delayed, but yes.