PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Bet

William Jockusch
02-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Any opinions on this site? Is it on the level?

My reason for asking is that night after night, I see players in the bigger limit HE games making absolutely horrible plays. Yet the game is crushing me.

I've had no trouble beating the bigger games on two other major sites.

This COULD just be a long run of horrible cards, but it's worth asking if anyone else has had a similar experience with them.

Shoe
02-23-2005, 06:08 AM
The site is perfectly legit.

eric5148
02-23-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This COULD just be a long run of horrible cards,

[/ QUOTE ]

How long is this?

lorinda
02-23-2005, 07:27 AM
it's worth asking

You might be surprised.

Lori

splashpot
02-23-2005, 07:46 AM
What exactly are you asking? If it's rigged? Cause it is.

Jeffage
02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
I assume you're talking about 30-60 and higher on the site. In my experience, these games ARE beatable, but they play much differently then similar limits on other sites. Players are hyperaggressive and like to make plays, particularly shorthanded, which the games often are. There are also some players there that are quite excellent, but seem like maniacs. Play long enough and you should figure out who they are. There aren't so many players on there that you shouldn't get to know them all quickly...game selection is crucial on that site...if the 30 lineup sucked, I'd usually play 15-30 or 10-20 short while waiting for it to be good again. Just some thoughts...I like the site, but have moved to greener pastures (I'll be back of course).

Jeff

sfwusc
02-23-2005, 10:02 AM
They have the best tournment structure. I like the TEC feature as well. You can pay say $11 for a winner take all SNG for a TEC+$10. The TEC can be used for a $100 buy in tourny.

My bankroll can handle $11 here and there + those SNG are very beatable. Just play smart.

As far as their limit games? I havent played anything very high.

SFWUSC

FlFishOn
02-23-2005, 10:14 AM
I have 3 years experience at UB and beat it handily.

THat said, last year I opened yet another account there and during the first 1000 or so hands got just a stunning run of quality cards. This worries me. It's one of the kind of cheats I would expect at a dishonest site. 'Course one run of 1000 hands means almost nothing.

Scotty O
02-23-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's worth asking

You might be surprised.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Lori, what do you really mean by this?

Scotty O

lorinda
02-23-2005, 10:49 AM

Scotty O

It doesn't seem worth asking to me when there are enough threads on rigged sites to last a lifetime already.

Lori

Scotty O
02-23-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Scotty O

It doesn't seem worth asking to me when there are enough threads on rigged sites to last a lifetime already.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't sense the Sarcasm, did you LOL /images/graemlins/cool.gif
IMHO - conspiracy theory - <<insert theme music here>>

Scotty O

Thigh
02-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Please explain, as this is where I play. And also, what site would you recommend? Thanks.

splashpot
02-23-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain, as this is where I play. And also, what site would you recommend? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....Clearly you're new around here. As for how the site is rigged....they purposely make you lose. Just you. Everyone else wins. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thigh
02-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Okay, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I've seen those types of comments several times, about rigged sites, but just didn't get it. Wanted to make sure there was nothing to it.

wbrumfiel
02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I love UB. Its by far my favorite site. I started out at Party and made a good chunk of $ there with the initial bonus and the soft players but UB just seems to fit my style more. I just wish they would offer more reload bonuses.

B00T
02-23-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wish they would offer more reload bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are talking about UB? You may be the first person ever to say this.

Sweaburg
02-23-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

THat said, last year I opened yet another account

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you use a different credit card/ email address/ address when you opened your different account? Did they give you a hard time? Just curious as I signed up there before I'd ever heard of rakeback. I play at UB almost exclusively and I think I'm giving up a fair bit of cash.

The games are marginally tougher but everytime I play at another sight, the software makes me want to cry.

Thanks alot!
RT

Shoe
02-23-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wish they would offer more reload bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year UB had a ton of bonus offers, I still have close to $1,000 in pending bonus dollars that I need to go back and clear one of these days.

However, your right, I am not aware of any reloads that they have had within the last few months.

AncientPC
02-23-2005, 08:43 PM
There was a UB reload in December, and many people were able to deposit twice for the reload.

wbrumfiel
02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Ive only been playing regularly since late Nov. I got the signup bonus and reload bonus in December... nothing since. Meanwhile Party has had at least 3, Empire at least 2, Pokerroom at least 2, and so on. Just seems to me they dont do it monthly like these other sites. But thats probably just short term.